IGNORED

Central Ca. Riders. Is Soda Lake Rd. paved ?

keithb

I may be taking a ride up to Paso Robles tomorrow and riding Hwy. 58, Hwy. 41 and various other local routes in the Carizo Plain area. Does anyone know if Soda Lake Rd. between California Valley and Rt. 166 is paved? On my Streets and maps software it looks paved but on my Ca. map it looks a section is not paved. Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We went there when I first got my RT,the road is mostly hard pack gravel, no problem as the road is rather smooth.

Then again, I had been riding dirt bikes all this time and this was my first real street bike so maybe didn't know any better!

Asides from saying ya been there, not much out there to look at!

See ya in DV wave.gif

I may be taking a ride up to Paso Robles tomorrow and riding Hwy. 58, Hwy. 41 and various other local routes in the Carizo Plain area. Does anyone know if Soda Lake Rd. between California Valley and Rt. 166 is paved? On my Streets and maps software it looks paved but on my Ca. map it looks a section is not paved. Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Unless things have changed since I've been on that road, there are two sections that are not paved. It's hard pack dirt, though. I was able to keep up with my GS friend going about 60 or more. I kept thinking "if this is what he calls 'dual sport'...sheesh!"

The loop around the east side is pretty nice, too, but Soda Lake Rd is an adventure and I recommend it if you've never done that before.

You won't have any problems with this road, Keith, unless it's wet.

Awesome Bill. Thanks for the additional info. I am not sure we are even going on it but I would like be somewhat prepared just in case. Sounds like a lot of fun. You just never know what you are getting into with some of these roads but that is half the fun isn't it? I hope you and Nancy had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year.

Archived