IGNORED

Planning a ride in Arizona in late January

Hoover

Planning a trip to Arizona in late January. Taking the kids to see their grandparents for a long weekend, the better half and I were thinking of renting a Goldwing and seeing the sites, weather permitting.

Has anyone ever used a bike rental company in that area (Phoenix, Tucson)? If so, any recommendations on who I should use?

I have never rented a bike before, this will be the first trip without riding my own. Anything I should watch out for?

Hi,

Check with Bourgett's in Scottsdale, or Victory BMWin Chandler,the Ride Now rentals. There are several great day rides out of the Valley. Be sure and stop in at the Cave Creek Coffee Company in Cave Creek; weekends at 0730 you will find anywhere from 15-40 BMW/ Euro bikes will show up to talk and then head out for a ride. The local all welcome new comers and will be glad to help you with routes.

Randy Bowen

I have spent a good deal of time in AZ riding (and working). Riding in the valley is boring, you have to go up in elevation to really enjoy all that AZ has to offer. In January that means it can get cold, so dress appropriately. I would suggest Rt 89A North of Phoenix. Take that through Jerome and into Sedona for some great twisties and an awesome mountain view. If you can PM me with more details as to length of time and preferred point of origin, I will send you a couple of touring loops you can consider.

Greg,When are you going to be hear,,and what town are you staying in,Im in Fountain Hills AZ,Just east of Scottsdale,,I have an extra 05 GS you can use and could show you the state,,Im going on the DVD ride,but after that Im open,,,Let me know,,Tim thumbsup.gif

Archived