IGNORED

Utah roads redux

gottabmw

I dislike redundancy, but..... several months ago I asked about the don't-miss roads in Utah. I've searched but can't seem to find the thread. Any ideas, or would anyone care to list the roads for me?

Utah is a rich motorcycle road environment.

The shortest possible answer is that any road is highly likely to be a good road- with the possible exception of I-80 from SLC to Wendover- which on first ride may be moderately entertaining but more than once it is just a convenient way to get to/from the West. Think arrow-straight, flat across salt flats and dry lake beds, desert- you can see the curvature of the earth...

I can also recommend lookng at a map that shows terrain. Where you find mountains you will find great roads. The state does a decent job of road maintenance so that is usually not an issue.

My top tier list includes Hwy 72 from I-70 to Loa (access to.from Torrey).

Highway 12 south from Torrey.

HWY 150 out of Kamas to Evanston, WY.

HWY 35 from Francis to... Duchene

Hwy 414/43/44/191 from I-80 to Flaming Gorge (southbound)

Flaming Gorge back to I-80 northbound on Hwy 191

Any road to/from Zion/Bryce Canyon,Canyon lands National Park...etc.

UT25 - the Fish Lake loop from UT72 to UT24, spectacular.

UT95 is great too, the section from the turn off to the Moki Dugway to Blanding is well worth riding but most people miss it because they are fascinated by the Dugway.

I70 from UT24 to UT72 is a great section of freeway, take every viewpoint exit, you have to do it in both directions to see all the views as there are no cross overs.

UT128 from Moab to I70 along the Colorado River.

UT31 - Fairview Canyon - fantastic, especially the eastern side.

Hey it's 24F outside - warming up, maybe a ride today, snow the next 4 days...

Hey Bob... I hoped you would chime in with some local knowledge from the southern sector of the state.

Only 24F?- shoot- better got with it. Looks like we have a blow starting later today and rest of the week.

I googled the earth and saw all sorts of neat stuff. Ended up doing the 143 from CEdar City, Nebo scenic,another loop to ALPINE,the road over the top to Park city and the road to Evanston from Kamas.Got nail in the tire from the ski lodge construction on top, oh, boy!

I'm in Californy and just larned to read a map. It's great fun to not know and go find out for yourself. Every road has possibilities until you've proved otherwise.

Even the road across the Sevier Desert is interesting once. It's just the place to put all the extra people that live in the crowded areas. dopeslap.gif

Utah is Motorcycle heaven. Stay off anything straight and if there is a canyon or a pass go there. Going north and south I zigzag east and west over every mountain cow trail I can find. It's hard to find a bad canyon road. grin.gif

Is the road through Valley of the Gods passable (in good weather) on an RT or Cruiser or Sprint ST, the bikes going on this trip? Is it worth the effort if already going through Monument Valley?

Archived