IGNORED

Retirement and travel

MikeB

I am retiring at the end of December. My wife and I are planning to take off for some extended traveling in our motorhome with with our 20' enclosed trailer. In the trailer we will have our Honda Element and my RT. Our plans are flexable, but we are planning to stay a couple of days at Quartzsite (to have some motorhome farkle installed), then to Palo Verde, then to Yuma and then to Texas. In Texas we will stay a few days in San Antonio and then down to Corpus Christi and maybe Brownsville.

From there we are not sure if we will head back home or head to Florida. Maybe be in Florida in time for all the Daytona car and motorcycle events. We are going to jump into the retirement mode with both feet. Hope to see some of you along the way.

Congrats Mike, well earned I'm sure.

Get outta Burney while its cold, good choice..Head south my friend.

And I see yer packin that trusty steed, the RT thumbsup.gif

Good luck wave.gif

MB>

Enjoy your retirement! I did the same thing (a motorhome and a cycle trailer) for three years after retirement. That was my only home for that period. I spent time in all 48 lower states and had a fantastic experience exploring this great country on a motorcycle. It's a great way to go. thumbsup.gif

Best Wishes! I've found retirement to be the best job I've ever had. If you ever get into the Phila area get me a shout - I'd love to show you some geat roads plus we have a lot of history here.

Geeze, leave nice quiet Burney and head to the mad house of Quarzite. You be da man. All those snow birds spread over the landscape. At least you will be near enough to go freeze up at Prescott and Flagstaff on day rides.

I'm just jealous 'cus I'm not there yet.

Have fun! wave.gif

AdventurePoser

Mike,

Congrats on the retirement! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! If in So Cal, let me know...Also, do you have a date to be in Quartzsite?

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

Getting close myself. End of the 2008-2009 school year will be it. A year and a half to go! clap.gif

Sounds like you've got some fun times ahead. Enjoy! thumbsup.gif

Steve

If I can square away my 401K to an IRA with my financial advisor during the second week of January, we will leave Burney on the weekend of the 12th. We will try to drive to Death Valley and spend a few days to stall and kill time while we wait for the rest of the caravan to catch up. Then we will head down to Quartzsite on the 18th. We will be there for three or four days before taking off for the big trip.

If you're going to be in the neighborhood, I can PM you with our cell phone numbers.

I've got about $1.50 in my IRA but it is growing strong! Maybe another 40-50 years or so and I will be joining you. I've started the planning already grin.giflmao.gif.

If you happen to come to the southeast, give me a shout.

Have a great time.

Steve,

Don't forget the $2.25 I've left you in my will. lmao.gif

I'm rich!!!!!!!!

Thanks Marty

Oh yeah, you have to be gone before I can collect bncry.gif. We are not ready for that yet. Will let you know when tongue.gif.

Mike,

I'm truly envious of your retirement and travel plans! My own time is 1.5 yrs away at age 62 in July of 2009.

That depends, however, on a much stronger housing market as my 2nd property "cash cow" seems to have gone out to pasture! bncry.gif

Jeff

Fortunately for me I started my career at the of 20, I am now 57. It is nice to be young and starting retirement. I am hoping our good health will give us plenty of years to travel and enjoy the good life.

Archived