IGNORED

New BMW dealership in Ottawa Ont. Canada

Geraldh

I just heard that myself a short while ago. This is good news indeed. The Goodtime Centre has been in business for 30 years, and knows a lot about customer service, something that couldn't be said about the previous dealer. They told me on the phone today that they expected to be up and running by February.

Wonder if they'll continue carrying their other three brands (Kawasaki, Ducati and Triumph)? Obviously Kawasaki for sure, since it's the "volume" brand.

Ottawa Goodtime Centre is the new BMW Dealer.

Good news indeed for those needing warranty work. Without a dealer and that safety net, sales in this area would take a hit.

My only issue with the OGTC was the fact that they were surcharging on Kawasaki parts by 20% over MSRP...compared to a Kawasaki dealer in Rockland some years ago. That didn't sit well with me.

Now if the OGTC plans to practice that with BMW parts (and I'll be checking), I'll most likely continue to mail order my parts from the US as I have for the past little while.

Ottawa Goodtime Centre is the new BMW Dealer.

My only issue with the OGTC was the fact that they were surcharging on Kawasaki parts by 20% over MSRP...compared to a Kawasaki dealer in Rockland some years ago.

Is the guy in Rockland still in business?

Is the guy in Rockland still in business?

I think so. Rockland Wheels is listed as a dealer by Kawasaki Canada.

Why, were you thinking of upgrading? wink.gif

I have a friend who lives there, but he never mentioned any bike dealers in that neck of the woods.

I bought a bike at Rockland Wheels quite a few years ago. I would assume they're still there since they come up on the Kawasaki Canada Dealer Locator.

Enough about Kawis. I just remember the price discrepancy between those two dealers, so I assumed RW was discounting their parts to me. After the RW owner showed me the Kawasaki Canada price list, it was clear that he was charging me list and that I was paying 20% over MSRP at the OGTC. If they start playing that game with BMW parts, it'll only give them a bad wrap.

Ah come on guys...lets not 'paint the devil on the walls' before they have had a chance! I have bought a couple of bikes at OGTC (Duc's) and have nothing but praise for the service dept. As far as sales go, everyone takes their best shot...cavet emptor tongue.gif.

jw

Archived