IGNORED

Stagecoach RTE?

Rocket_Cowboy

Rocket_Cowboy

Anyone here planning on making the run down to the Stagecoach Cafe on Dec 29th? I've thought about it for the past couple years, and was planning to go last year until weather changed my plans (turned out to not be as bad as the forecast had said). Since it's on a Saturday again this year, I'm thinking about trying to make it out.

Yes, I am thinking about trying to go this year. This will be my first time there. There will probable be a 2 or 3 of us, maybe more, ride in for lunch and go back home. Looks to be about 1100 miles round trip from my house.

Rocket_Cowboy

Annual event, usually billed as the absolute last RTE of the year. This year it's a little bit early since the Cafe is closed on Mondays.

Stagecoach Cafe is in Stockton, AL. Here's the original invite email that went out ...

-------

The annual Stagecoach Ride-To-Eat, now in its eleventh year, is set for Saturday, December 29th at the Stagecoach Cafe in Stockton, Alabama. The Stagecoach Cafe is at 52860 Highway 59, coordinates N30 59.675 W87 51.463. Heading north on I-65 at exit 31, turn left and head north on Highway 225, merge onto Highway 59 north to the Cafe Heading south on

I-65 at exit 34, turn right and head north to the Cafe.

Plan to arrive around 10:30am to noon central. This annual "last ride of the year" will break with tradition in 2007 since the Stagecoach restaurant is closed on Mondays, so meeting on Saturday the 29th will still give you a couple of more days to ride before 2008.

The Long Distance Riders have worked out a deal with the Day's Inn at Bay Minette to reserve a few rooms. If you want a room, call the motel directly at 251/580-8111 and be sure to tell them you are with the Stagecoach Ride-In as they are not taking reservations otherwise. The rate is $63.00 plus tax. Even with a reservation, it will be a wise move to call them just before you leave home to be sure the room is actually available. Please work with them and be patient as they are trying hard to help us keep the Ride-In at Stockton.

Plaques will be awarded for long distance rider, oldest rider, youngest rider and oldest motorcycle ridden to the event. NOTE: Passengers will NOT be eligible to win the youngest rider award, only licensed riders.

Folks will be arriving during the morning and the parking lot is usually empty by 2:00pm. The food is good, the folks are friendly, however the weather can be iffy. Some years it has been really cold, some years it has been warm. Check the forecast to determine gear selection.

If you plan to attend the Stagecoach Ride-To-Eat, send your name and home city and state offline to me at RWMunday@Juno.com.

See you in Stockton.

Robert Munday - Montgomery, AL - 1998 R11CHP - 1995 R1100RSL

BMWMOAL - BMWOGA - Indy BMW Club - Buckeye Beemers

Village Idiot Rolling Broccoli Rider - GCBMWC - IBA#13260

Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation - Keeper Of The List - `Iron Bunny`

on assignment in Nashville, TN

soon to be somewhere else...

Rocket_Cowboy

We might have to set up an RTE to there in '08 too. I've hit a couple different places here recently that I think would be good candidates to get out and do rides to.

Archived