IGNORED

"Motorcycle Only" Motel

Mike05

Received a (inaugural edition) newsletter from Cycle Gadgets further detailing their recent move to Eurika Springs in NW Arkansas.

Also referenced in the newsletter was the "RIDERS REST" Motel ( claimed first biker only Motel?) located here:

LINK

No affiliation; just found it to be an interesting concept & wanted to share, especially as Brad (tobyzusa)continues to plan an Arkansas excursion! smile.gif

Stayed there just a couple wks ago. Nice people, and the place is very nice, rooms clean, large, well kept up. There are 10 rooms all on ground level, and there is a covered parking area. The lot itself is asphalt. There are several bike only, bikers welcome places in ES, this one is a little higher priced than the Iron Horse, which is more of a Harley type place. Riders rest does have a fire pit that where you can get a beer and light a fire pit. They are adding some a-frame type set ups and have ground for camping, but don't think they allow that yet. We were there a week before they closed for the season. I will go back if I need a place to stay. Nice folks, good place.

Hi Mike wave.gif

Stayed there last year at an Adventure riders gathering. Neat place, neat owners. As we each departed the owner had each bike stop near the gazebo so they could take their picture. Oh, and the rooms are not numbered but named for some famous person that was related to bike riding, with pictures of that celebrity on the walls. I think we took up all of the rooms and we all rode non-harleys so the atmosphere was quiet, don't know about the rest of the time but I'm pretty sure there's normally a lot of thunder at the Iron Horse.

Iron Horse has a restaurant, and a small bar. Doubt that would be a place to stay if you like it reasonably quiet. It is also a bigger place and is an old style motel that is quite dated. But, when we stayed there it was okay, not real busy in later fall. RR is updated and rooms bigger cleaner, not that IH is dirty, just really dated.

Archived