IGNORED

Anyone used a company to rent/tour in Italy?

MikeRC

OK, I'm looking to go to Italy in September or October next year. I've tried various sources to rate experience with Edelweiss, Ayers, Beaches, Central Italy Motorcyle Tours (cimt) and Ducati Tours.

Any personal experiences from this group?

Mike Cassidy

I've used Edelweiss a number of times - excellent company. Friends have used Ayers and also speak highly of them. Both run highly professional tours where you can concentrate on enjoying the ride.

CIMT has a US rep. you could speak with, I have never used them myself but have heard good things...

Karen Thompson, 360 568 7248 (Seattle area)...karen@cimt.it

She was at the Seattle Motorcycle Show over the weekend...

I rented from Biancoblu in Milan a few years back. Very nice bike and operation. They stored our bike gear while we took the train for a week, then held on to our extra stuff when we took off for a week of riding in Sardinia. They have a small ad in most issues of the MOA news.

RockSign.jpg

Biancoblu link

Francois_Dumas

Friends of mine have rented from Bianco Blu in Milano last year and were happy with them. http://biancoblu.com/eng/index.html

There is also this site if you want to go to Tuscany; http://www.stradanova.com/english/index.php?itemid=14 No experience with them I'm afraid.

Do you just want to rent or a 'full package'?

Nina and I 'did' the Dolomites this year again and rode down all the way to Perugia, back along the Ligura coast... awesome rides !

Francois

Wife and I rented from "Rent a Dream" the BMW dealer in Milan. Very new GS, Expanding bags, Givi 52 top box, and BMW tank bag- 10 Days @$1250.

Nice people... Contact Diego and tell him we sent you..

Rent a Dream - MotorbikeRentals

S.S. 33 Sempione

20010-POGLIANO MILANESE-MI-Italy

www.rent-a-dream.it

info@rent-a-dream.it

Phone +39 - 02-93548043

Fax +39 - 02-9343175

Mobile +39 -335-6895022

Thanks for all the ideas!

The girlfriend and I are still talking it over. She has only been to Rome, I haven't been to Italy at all. Riding in Tuscany in the fall, staying in small inns or B&Bs appeals to us. We are OK riding by ourselves or with a small group. As long as we have our nightly stays arranged ahead of time and I have a functional GPS.

And of course visiting the Ducati factory and Ferrari gallery are pretty high on my list.

Mike Cassidy

Mike,

Try La Locanda in Radda in chianti. Guido and Martina are wonderful hosts. Views/service/meals are perfect. Expensive, but what the hell! wave.gif

I've not rented in europe but I'm sure the mentioned places are good.

Any personal experiences from this group?

I prefer to ride solo, so I couldn't see myself riding with any group and certainly not with a tour company. Although not the primary reason, I also couldn't see myself spending more than twice as much for the latter.

If you are "OK riding by ourselves" as you've stated, then there are countless advantages going that route. And if you decide to go that route, then the following links may be of help.

A good site to ask any questions is the Alpine Roads Forum.

Another good site full of info (accomodations, maps, links in general and comments) is this Alps Touring thread.

Archived