IGNORED

California get ready

azkaisr

Hey all:

I am thinking of taking a little trip out to CA the week before XMAS. If the weather looks ok I am thinking of making for Yosemite around the 16th, heading up to the Bay area for a day or two and then motoring home down the PCH. I have some unfinished seat business with Heck as well as some other things I am trying to get taken care of. I am either going to be on the GS if the weather is good, or will be taking a car. Would love to hook up with a few of you if you have some time.

Tom

I wanna go with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to stay home and pick up the check. tongue.gif

You comin to visit?????????.......Please bring Cass!!!

I'm gonna get the check this time!!!!!!!!!!

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Checking up on someone we both know????? lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

My apartment is your's thumbsup.gif.

I start work eek.gif Wednesday in Somona...but I always have time for you.

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I know we've never met and I've only met Tom once but since I'm coming with him does that go for me too?... grin.gif

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I know we've never met and I've only met Tom once but since I'm coming with him does that go for me too?... grin.gif

Liar ..Liar pants on fire!!!!!!!!!!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Yes!! thumbsup.gif I'm looking forward to meeting you smile.gif. The more lawmen I know, the better off I'll be lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif.

In clap.gif

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

and Lawman,

Can't wait for you to show up... lmao.gif

and Whip,

You are just too slow, you might want to ask RocketCowboy how it is done, as he got spanked pretty good out here blush.gif

See you a in few Amigo...

AdventurePoser

Tom,

That would be great. My track record lately has been poor in terms of hooking up with touring riders dopeslap.gif but if you are drifting thru and we are around, we'd love to say hi!

Cheers,

Steve

Let us know if you're gonna make it down around Dry-Town. We'll hide the children... er, I mean, we'll welcome you with open arms!

Ok here is the latest on my trip.

I am going to be traveling with my pal Blesk the world's worst navigator.

229221872-XL.jpg

229220756-L.jpg

We have done a lot of traveling together mostly drinking and getting into trouble together in Europe. Top picture is in Normandy and the bottom in Cambridge UK. He wanted us to be in Rome....see what I mean.

He is however a great photographer and his wife gave him permission to come hang out with me for a week and get out of Houston. So we are going to set off on a grand adventure.

Our plan is to leave Phoenix on Sunday morning early and head up towards Fresno. Anyone with some floor space willing to put us up Sunday night?

Monday/Tuesday, I am going to be in Yosemite and Lake Tahoe I think. Monday night we are staying in the park, and Tuesday is another night we may try and steal some floorspace someplace in NoCal or maybe Nevada.

Wednesday night I am thinking I am going to pay a certain person in Benicia a visit. I would love to get everyone together for dinner someplace up there that night. Blesk and I have some good friends that live in the area and are going to try and meet them as well. Our pal Lemur (if he gets a diaper pass from his wife) may join us. He is a Ducati guy but really fun. And if we manage to get our friend Dave out, well it will be gloriously goofy.

Thursday we are going to head down the PCH and make our way back towards Phoenix. Not sure yet where we will end up but I wouldn't mind being somewhere on the Eastern end of the LA area.

Anyway that is the plan. Appreciate all the great PM's from all of you folks.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

CoarsegoldKid

When you ride up Hwy 41 from Heck's 20 on your way to Yosemite you'll pass within 1/2 mile(as a bird flys) of my 20. Make contact if you wish (559)658-8174. Currently the Yosemite weather is cool and snow is predicted in the higher elevations, black ice is common up here where the sun and pavement don't often meet.

We have a spare room to boot.

Tom it would be good to hang out with ya somewhere. It sounds like more of a midweek slackers ride. I'll have to catch on the next one.

Have fun thumbsup.gif

If you make it to Phoenix let me know. It would be nice to finally meet you in person. We could watch your favorite movie, Bridges of Madison County. grin.gif

aAHwUH is T H I S way...not T H A T way..!! eek.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Besides - don't you have a pellet rifle to load and level up on a fish bandit?? hmmmm? thumbsup.gif

.... Wednesday night I am thinking I am going to pay a certain person in Benicia a visit. I would love to get everyone together for dinner someplace up there that night. .....

So when/where is the shindig? confused.gif

Skates in Berkley Has anyone been here? I have some buds that live in the Bay Area saying this could be good spot to meet Wed Night.

I am also open to other suggestions including heading into town via BART and meeting in the city.

Kaisr

Never heard of Skates. However, I might throw out Buckeye Roadhouse as an alternative.

They are in Mill Valley. Their food is top notch and the atmosphere is great. You simply have to experience the S'more pie to understand!!! tongue.gif

skinny_tom (aka boney)
Never heard of Skates. However, I might throw out Buckeye Roadhouse as an alternative.

They are in Mill Valley. Their food is top notch and the atmosphere is great. You simply have to experience the S'more pie to understand!!! tongue.gif

I'll second the Buckeye, but the view is definately not all that. (oh wait, there's a view?)

It appears you'll be somewhere on a BART line? Maybe we should reconsider.

So folks I have not hammered out details yet because as the time gets closer it is looking more like the Sierras are going to be cloudy starting on Monday already (was hoping for one good day). I have not waived off the trip yet but have started looking at a plan B which would take us up to MOAB for a few days before a stop in Torrey.

I am going to make the final call Saturday morning and will advise. I want to see you all, but this trip for me is to get some pictures and decompress from work.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Just looked at the forecast and they are calling for rain every day but Wednesday. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

But, Moab is calling for rain AND snow on the same days. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Man, just no weather breaks!

Hey- if it helps ya make up your mind- you're off the hook on the seat deal...went down and had Rocky Mayer build me a GS seat...the return ride this evening was a winner...the seat is gonna be a winner...

But..

would still like to see ya up this way, or over on the coast next week.. grin.gif

Wah? Your not coming? Dang it Tom you HAVE to come up here, I just finished washing my bike just for you! There is not a cloud in sight, at least not from where I am sitting in front of my puter. Oh well if you don't make it then I'll see ya soon in San Antonio.

Cheers!

Archived