IGNORED

Unrally '05 Dates & Location - TOTW Update 11/18

Spike

Just a reminder for those who have emailed me regarding the dates and location of the UnRally.

The dates are June 7 - 9, 2005

The location is: Staunton, VA.

-- Spike

Spike,

No matter what the gossip is, you're alright in my book. tongue.gif Great place and time. I hope to see you and the rest of this clique of hoons this summer if not sooner. smile.gif

Calvin  (no socks)

Spike, it'll be my first "Un", what kind of muddy rutted roads should I expect? grin.gif Should I bring the GS with a Warn winch? Looking forward to June. thumbsup.gif

we'll do our best to find some back country, river-crossing type roads. And then we'll look for something more oriented for GS's too! clap.gif

First "UN" for me also. Hoping to bring a gang of misfit's from the Burgh to join in on this one.

Spike & Patti - Thanks for taking the time to organize this event!

PS - Spike you have it listed for 2004 in your post. eek.gif

Spike:

So I tell you I am hanging up the keys and you plan the unrally in my backyard, twisty roads, and the western crew to boot. Whew, you are cold. Makes me wonder what my wrists will be like. Big-T has got those roads down. Sweepers, twisties; sounds great. Maybe I'll be the water boy.

Willy

You can call it "STAWN-ton" if you want but the locals will immediately know your a visitor.

Hey Willy, Airheads are more than welcome ;)

-- John

Correct! blush.gif Middle of the week cool.gif

Note it is not a rally, it is an UNrally grin.gif

Much more fun than a rally clap.gif

Thanks for the conformation on the days.

I will be riding with the RUN FOR THE WALL from Ontario CA to Washington DC in May. I may just hang around for a week and a half after ROLLING THUNDER and attend the UNRALLY. clap.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Just a reminder for those who have emailed me regarding the dates and location of the UnRally.

The dates are June 7 - 9, 2005

The location is: Staunton, VA.

-- Spike

And when is the road scouting trip? grin.gif

IN!!! uhhhh....I mean UN!!!!

clap.gifthumbsup.gifgrin.gif

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider
I guess it will have to wait until spring time frown.gif

Why Paul? I rode over 400 miles this past weekend and was actually up in the Staunton area on Saturday. If you guys get a warm day where you can break out of MD then let me know and we can meet there.

Shawn

• 1 month later...

Count me in. This will be my first. Some details would be good like, where to assemble, stay, etc. Is this more of an offroad type event? Help...

• 1 month later...
Count me in. This will be my first. Some details would be good like, where to assemble, stay, etc. Is this more of an offroad type event? Help...

I am <B>UN</B> as well. Just got confirmation from the spousal unit that nothing else is happening that weekend.

PS: I spent summers around there. The Goshen Pass is a lot of fun, about 20 miles down the road, but we used to ambulance at least one biker out of there every month every summer I worked there. Just watch it. You may be the best canyon carver around, but that won't impress Billy Bob coming the other way in his RV with bass boat trailing behind.

Never been to an UN before. I would also appreciate some ideas about food, etc.

Chubber

I would also appreciate some ideas about food, etc.

I'm pretty sure that Spike will be cooking for us throughout the weekend since he is our UnOfficial host! wink.gif

Chubber

Simple tips for those who never attended an Unrally before:

1. Pay your registration fee, food fee, etc.

2. Make room/camping arrangements.

3. Show up.

There's not a whole lot else to do. Meals - whatever is not provided at the UnRally will be spent with people you meet at the Unrally. Rides - everyone decides when they get there. Pretty simple, low keyed, and geared toward camaraderie and riding.

Chubber

I'm waiting on some confirmations from the catering company before I post specifics, but we are *planning on* the big group dinner being at the campground on June 8th (Wednesday).

• 3 weeks later...
Steve_Witmer
*Question - is it STAN-ton, or STAWN-ton?*

It's STAN-ton. And on the way you may ride thru Crozet (Crow-ZAY)

Welcome to Virginia clap.gif

And if you're coming from the south, you could pass through Buena Vista (Byu-na Vista). If you say Bway-na Vista, they'll spot you as a foreigner for sure. Welcome to Virginia wink.gif

Archived