Saturday 12/29/07

11am

Huckleberry's Bar-B-Q

7440 N. US hwy 19

Fanning Springs, Fl 32693

352-463-0355

1966537753_dddb9b1e54.jpg

Pic is from the north in a cut-thru

Spoke with a nice lady this am. She must've been stoking the pit. They will be open and happy to see us. Informal gathering to say goodbye to 2007 with some great "Q".

Location is just south of the Suwannee River crossing on 19. (27-alt from the north i guess turns in to 19) From the south it's on the right just past a weigh station in the middle of Fanning Springs (in the median).

Nice little town, cozy atmosphere and true Bar-B-Q.

With my deepest regrets, I'm not gonna be able to make this shin dig....I'm on duty that weekend. You guys have a blast, I'll see you at Cedar Key if not before. Have a great holiday season.

Beth and I are IN.

We'll wander south and east between Tally and Hogtown, eventually head west back towards Fanning Springs.

We're planning on it. I want to cruise over and check out Manatee Springs State Park afterwards as a place to camp while we're there!

4 minutes, what took you so long? grin.gifwave.gif

Deciding whether to spell it;

overnight

over night

overnite

or,

just let you go hungry. grin.gif

Hubby is off that week and I'm pretty flexible so thinking we may head up Friday and make it an over-nighter. Have some friends in G-ville so may crash there. (never see them as often as we'd like, so it'd be a good excuse)

I'm mostly a lurker here (wee bit intimidated sometimes) but would love to meet ya'll and see if you are as cool in person as you seem online. grin.gif

Hubby is off that week and I'm pretty flexible so thinking we may head up Friday and make it an over-nighter. Have some friends in G-ville so may crash there. (never see them as often as we'd like, so it'd be a good excuse)

I'm mostly a lurker here (wee bit intimidated sometimes) but would love to meet ya'll and see if you are as cool in person as you seem online. grin.gif

please join us, but you'll be greatly disappointed on the "cool" issue. wink.gif

please join us, but you'll be greatly disappointed on the "cool" issue. wink.gif

Hey, speak for yourself!

Some of us are waaaay cool...

p12.jpg

eek.gif

Hey, speak for yourself!

Some of us are waaaay cool...

p12.jpg

eek.gif

which one is ted williams in?

Will plan to be there; possibly bringing my riding buddy.

Looks like my kinda place.

Dean

It's nice to hear from you Dean. Where have you been? Maybe I will be able to attend this with a riding buddy or two so we can catch up.

Afternoon Steve,

Still in Waycross, GA; most of the time. Been down to Venezuela couple times. Also been up for weekends to Greenville, SC helping my son with expansion of his motorcycle/scooter shop.

Add that to the office and teaching schedule and time gets tight.

Did make my trek out to Glacier National Park back in June/July. I'll bring pics and we can catch up.

Dean

Those in the Tampa Bay area who would like to join us.

Leaving at 8:30am from Christo's parking lot [Publix shopping mall corner of Little Rd & SR 54] in New Port Richey. map

We'll go the most direct way to get in early to visit in the parking lot.

We'll take a more scenic way back.

Check out here for more details.

We'll be caging it up from the Bay area with the little guy. I'll have room for one bike in the truck if it's too cold for any of you guys! wink.gif

looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Tallahassee area, we'll run 27/14/221/51/357/358/27, for you GPS types.

Return may vary up east side of river.

Departure place and time TBD.

Will sort that out this week.

Input?

Gaille Ave 7:30ish?

Or, out 27 to the Chevron at 257? (Pete, where you split from us.)

Let me know.

out 27 to the Chevron at 257? (Pete, where you split from us.)

Chevron is at Chaires X-Road and 27. Still don't know if I'll be able to make it, gonna try.

FYI-just spoke with the owner of Huckleberry's to warn him! Gave him a ballpark number of attendee's and he was way cool with it. I'll be in parking lot between 1030 and 11. Lunch starts being served at 1030. thumbsup.gif

Input?

Let me know.

I may have to bail on this one too. Last night I was told I am doing something else, with family. I had to say yes with a smile. bncry.gif Not 100% either.

I pass that place every time I go to my sisters house in Tallahassee.

I'm going to do my best to make it, just to taste what I smell everytime I motor on by. grin.gif

Input?

Let me know.

Tim and Pete,

I am back no track, just let me know where to met you all.

Tim and Pete,

I am back no track, just let me know where to met you all.

Still a maybe....will be in SoFl starting Sunday....making my way back early Sat, so may stop with family on way back (if kids and wife can get up early enough!)

We're in the same boat Pete. We'll be rolling in the truck after a visit to the mouse on Friday...

The stories will have to wait another few weeks... lmao.gifwink.gif

Matt, you are a VERY brave man, doing the "Rat" over winter break with kids in tow? I shall never ever question your manhood again! See you soon buddy, Merry Xmas to your family.

It's all in the interest of living up to a promise I made to the 5 year old.

He was good in school and this was his incentive.

Besides, I'm carrying a flask in the park and we're staying on the property so I don't have to drive anywhere!

Daddy may get a headache and go take a nap while mom stays in the park... lmao.giflmao.gif

It's all in the interest of living up to a promise I made to the 5 year old.

He was good in school and this was his incentive.

Besides, I'm carrying a flask in the park and we're staying on the property so I don't have to drive anywhere!

Daddy may get a headache and go take a nap while mom stays in the park... lmao.giflmao.gif

What?!?!?!?! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifeek.gifeek.gif

I'm carrying a flask in the park

..that's how I did it last time, however I used my Camelbak!

Daddy may get a headache and go take a nap while mom stays in the park

...ahh, yes I'm familiar with this type of maneuver. The line I used was, "Oh dang, I left my wallet in the room, you guys go ahead, I'll call you on the cell phone when I get back in the park" lmao.gif

Archived