IGNORED

Florida 'hog' weekend Part 1

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

When we arrived at Jacqueline's (former) home in De Land, FL, we were welcomed by some weird flying objects...... balloon water bombs. Luckily they all missed us by miles.

Oh, of all the little people around this weekend, Tim 'Tallman' was not one of them. Just to demonstrate:

222727752-L.jpg

I am not giving away what this gentleman was doing, I am not giving away what this gentleman was doing...... oh alright, I'll give it away....

THE MAD WATER BOMBER !!!!!!!!!

222727787-L.jpg

Some folks were smart enough NOT to get caught red handed......

222727826-L.jpg

The bombs missed them too, but strange things were to happen to that lovely black BMW later on that memorable afternoon.....

222727845-L.jpg

Bill's bike (the second one) that I had been using so far....

222727878-L.jpg

In hindsight it was perhaps not so smart to make the world know about us.....

222727929-L.jpg

I am going to embarrass myself of course, because I am the worst guy on earth for remembering names. So BIG apologies if I got things wrong !!

From left to right:

Jacqueline, Martha(?), Kevin (?), Rich Edwards and 'Rogera'

222727973-L.jpg

Alright, so THIS was the closest we ever got to finding us an alligator !! Not quite the thing....... but better than nuttin'

222728018-L.jpg

This gigantic thing was to wreak havoc on a series of beemers, cable connectors trees and sidewalks.... little did I know when I took this picture...

222728062-L.jpg

Not one but TWO proud flags welcoming us... the sweetest thing to do !!!

222728103-L.jpg

Mike trying to make shadow bunnies on the wall? Or just attempting to hide Rich? Yapping in Jacqueline's patio !

222728149-L.jpg

Danny 'Huzband' and SO Laura-Lee (?) arriving to the party..... soon to duck more water bombs...

222728180-L.jpg

I want one of them things too..... Ninaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!

222728197-L.jpg

Alright, more names to get wrong. Left to right:

Richard_D, Laura-Lee, Danny, Tom (azkaysr), Knifemaker (the owner of the SuperHarley), Richard 'Benicia_GT', Larry 'Whip', Bill 'roadscholar' and Rogera.

222728228-L.jpg

Now, the ONLY reason she is ginning like that, is because she is imagining how much LUGGAGE that thing could haul !!!!!! (Did I mention we had to buy an extra suitcase before leaving Florida???)

222728249-L.jpg

After I did a tour around the block it was Richard's turn to take Nina for a ride.

222728297-L.jpg

This engine is not easy to steer around a track....

222728322-L.jpg

And now ladies and gentleman... for our next trick......

No, I am not trying to rub it in, but this was one of the highlights of the weekend (since nobody got hurt) and I am only now able to post it all....

222728359-L.jpg

.... and then there were four.......

FIRST GEAR !!

222728381-L.jpg

QUICKLY SHIFTING TO 2ND.... the world becomes a blurrrrrrr......

222728402-L.jpg

Only words that applied to this moment in time, frozen here, were..... Oh my God, what is she doing... where are they going.... BRAKE !!!! BRAKE!!!!

222728423-L.jpg

So nobody took pictures of the ACTUAL MOMENT.... perhaps better so.... after the 'enterprising four' were briskly stopped by some small trees and the machine was pulled backwards onto the sidewalk.....

222728452-L.jpg

222728478-L.jpg

The cavalry was quickly at the 'crash site' .....

222728492-L.jpg

The unfortunate pilot is seen sneaking away here, while the unfortunate owner checks the damage.

There was not much as luck would have it, just a few wires snapped loose.

222728523-L.jpg

Telltale tracks....

222728677-L.jpg

The troops march home, the 'hog' being driven back by Knifemaker himself for investigation.

222728724-L.jpg

222728744-L.jpg

Who would've thunk that a Harley would play such a prominent role in our BMW Weekend !!?? Fortunately everybody got away from both incidents unharmed and damage was only light..... and all have a great sense of humor!

Anyway, here is yours truly trying a K-model for a change. You know what? It fits !

Hmmmm.... must remember NOT to have any 'profile' pictures made anymore..... or go on a diet!

222728786-L.jpg

Richard_D, Tallman, Rich Edwards and Rogera getting ready to leave the gathering.

222728810-L.jpg

I wonder if Jacqueline is in California yet. The news has reported cable outages all across the southeast and southwest. wink.gif

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gifYes, I am in California.....enjoying a fire on this cool Sunday evening thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif. My cable working just find blush.gif.....

I want you all to know I never had a problem with a sidecar before....and here is proof.... 151594594-L.jpg

(taken in Bishop, CA earlier this year). True, I wasn't in third gear with this one.... but it wasn't a Harley either grin.gif

It was a great weekend, everyone seemed to have a good time and no one was hurt clap.gif.

I wonder if Jacqueline is in California yet. The news has reported cable outages all across the southeast and southwest. wink.gif

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gifYes, I am in California.....enjoying a fire on this cool Sunday evening thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif. My cable working just find blush.gif.....

I want you all to know I never had a problem with a sidecar before....and here is proof.... 151594594-L.jpg

(taken in Bishop, CA earlier this year). True, I wasn't in third gear with this one.... but it wasn't a Harley either grin.gif

It was a great weekend, everyone seemed to have a good time and no one was hurt clap.gif.

It must of been those riding, ahh boots, high heels. thumbsup.gif

So that's why Jackie moved so far away.

Enjoyed the photos; wish someone had a handycam. grin.gif

Bill

Bill,

I did have the camera going, but stopped it just prior because as Whip and I were getting concerned about the entire third gear/no right turn deal. I've been busy but will try on my days off to look at the footage I have along with some pics Francois and Nina didn't mention... blush.gifgrin.gifblush.gif

As the owner of the "HOG" in question I have never seen one "COMEDY EVENT" so well covered with pictures on this board.

Francios....your pics are fantastic and I would like to get ALL the photos of this "HOG" event togeather from everyone to add a special section on the MOTOTRAVELS section of my web site.

Little did I know leaving from home that morning with Debbie

how much laughing could occur in one day. Debbie was not sure about going and meeting a bunch of folks that day and thought that it might be a boring motorcycle get togeather...She has not laughed that much in along time and for me and my Harley to be the "BRUNT" of that laughter made it even better for her.

Francois_Dumas

Heck, how can any motor event be 'boring' ???? Now add a twist of BMWST and you have a certain impossibility! lmao.gif

When I've gone through all of them I'll upload all my photos for you to download from somewhere, okay?

Thank you....

As Debbie says...How fun can it be when a bunch of guys are sitting around talking about.. and playing with thier TOYS instead of using them blush.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gif

Little did she know...

Now she wants to be in on the FUN...and I have no problem with that thumbsup.gif

Archived