IGNORED

stranded on the side of the road

elkroeger

Just a little reminder folks: I spotted a disabled bike on the left shoulder of the freeway last night. He was in a hopelessly bad spot on a curve and a very small shoulder. Cold, rain, dark, no lights on the bike, traffic pegged at 65mph just 2 feet away. The other side of the barrier was a 30' drop. I peeled off and gave him a quick lift down to the nearest fast food joint, which made him VERY happy. Take care of each other out there, and make it a habit to stop for stranded riders. (Even if they are on a Triumph!)

Just a little reminder folks: I spotted a disabled bike on the left shoulder of the freeway last night. He was in a hopelessly bad spot on a curve and a very small shoulder. Cold, rain, dark, no lights on the bike, traffic pegged at 65mph just 2 feet away. The other side of the barrier was a 30' drop. I peeled off and gave him a quick lift down to the nearest fast food joint, which made him VERY happy. Take care of each other out there, and make it a habit to stop for stranded riders. (Even if they are on a Triumph!)

I stopped on the 15 for a guy and his daughter(?). I was in my car and had to back track several miles. When I pulled over to ask if I could help, he was on the cell phone. He didn't stop talking and kind of ignored me. I finally interjected and asked if I could help. He paused and then continued to talk on his phone say, "It's just some guy." What an *sshat. I've been stranded for several hours with no one stopping. Not even other bikes. Despite that, I always stop. 99 times out of 100, I get the thumbs up to let me know that they are covered. But you never forget the jerks. He was on a BMW.

He was on a BMW...maybe he ignored you because he was well versed in road side exercises. Like the dreaded read end failures. lmao.gif

Still, to ignore your assist is rude and unaceptable.

A couple of times when I've stopped on the side of the road to make a cell phone call, I've had quite a number of bikes stop to see if I needed help. It's comforting to know there are nice people left out there.

I had a biker stop for me, when he was in his pickup. I had a flat, and my pump also failed me prior to the repair. I was unable to find the hole and plug the tire until I got some air in to the tire. He offered to take me to a gas station for air, and even waited while I removed the rear wheel from the bike. I plugged the tire at the gas station, and pumped the tire to pressure. He then drove me back to the bike, and waited until I was on the road. He must have spent at least 30 minutes with me, maybe more. Very uplifting, especially since it started to thunder, and it rained hard not 10 minutes after I got rolling again.

Archived