IGNORED

Final Drive?

RPG

With all the talk recently about FD failures, I decided to check mine again. I've been lax in my hourly testing but did notice yesterday that there is a 'slight' up and down movement. (grabbin the wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock) but no play when checked at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. frown.gif

Paralever bearings?

thanks,

RPG

With all the talk recently about FD failures, I decided to check mine again. I've been lax in my hourly testing but did notice yesterday that there is a 'slight' up and down movement. (grabbin the wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock) but no play when checked at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. frown.gif

Paralever bearings?

thanks,

RPG

Could be. When doing the test, help of a friend makes it easier, put a finger or thumb between the wheel hub on the FD and the FD casing. If as the wheel is moved you sense some movement/play it is likely a FD issue. If not, more likely the pivot bearings.

thanks Ken. Seems logical at this point it's the pivot bearings. Bike is only three months out of warranty and only has 24k so I'll check with BMW first (not holding my breath).

But if they refuse I have no problem changing them myself.

RPG

Archived