IGNORED

Texas Tech Daze: FIRST AID use/application as it relates to Motorcyclists

Mike05

For those of us who can't attend, but who have a keen interest in the topic, is there a possibility to get the session DVD's or sylibus or the class? I recognize that we would not be certified. Lots of us are Red Cross certified, but need some specific coaching on bike related first aid.

I have recommended to BMWMOA that they do something, but nothing has been forthcoming. Think folks would be willing to pay for the DVD or summary to cover the costs of production.

Thanks for the consideration.

Jim

Jim,

Great question(s)!

Jamie Edmonds (KMG_365) is the Instructor for this gathering. He's already sent me the class presentation/course outline so we can have copies for all that attend. Like everything I've seen Jamie involved with, it's both informative and well done. He "fine tunes" it for the size/length of each group.

I'll check on the "taping" question & get back to you.

Updated (as of 2/29) "Confirmed" List:

Mike05 (Mike & Joyce )

KMG_365 (Jamie)

Les is more (Leslie)

tobysuza (Brad)

AIDFW (Angel)

Rocket Cowboy (Charlie)

smiller (Seth)

3Putt (Tom & Joyce )

MooreDriven (Dale)

Whip (& hopefully "Mrs. Whip" Louise)

Ken H (& Donna)

SteveSardone

fossil (Roland)

Slyder_Steve

Silvereagle (John)

dawn

EricTheAwful

noel (& Karen)

If you don't see your name and are planning to attend please post here so we can decide on the size of the Birthday Cake!! grin.gif

It looks like it's going to be me solo, sans Donna, but I'm still in!

Be down there sometime mid / late Friday evening.

And be gland to help set up Saturday morning, etc. of course.

Updated (as of 03/04) "Confirmed" List:

Mike05 (Mike & Joyce )

KMG_365 (Jamie)

Les is more (Leslie)

tobysuza (Brad)

AIDFW (Angel)

Rocket Cowboy (Charlie)

smiller (Seth)

3Putt (Tom & Joyce )

MooreDriven (Dale)

Ken H

SteveSardone

fossil (Roland)

Slyder_Steve

Silvereagle (John)

dawn

EricTheAwful

noel (& Karen)

Edgarr (Gary)

Slyder_Steve

Got the clearance from my boss and spousal unit so my IN! Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Steve

It's time for me to get off the fence. I'll be there too. Looking forward to seeing everyone, and learning a lot! wave.gif

Updated (as of 03/08) "Confirmed" List:

Mike05 (Mike & Joyce )

KMG_365 (Jamie)

Les is more (Leslie)

tobysuza (Brad)

AIDFW (Angel)

Rocket Cowboy (Charlie)

smiller (Seth)

3Putt (Tom & Joyce )

MooreDriven (Dale)

WHIP (& hopefully "Mrs. Whip" Louise)

Ken H

SteveSardone

fossil (Roland)

Slyder_Steve

Silvereagle (John)

dawn

EricTheAwful

noel (& Karen)

Edgarr (Gary)

Slyder_Steve

Mike05 (Mike & Joyce )

KMG_365 (Jamie)

Les is more (Leslie)

tobysuza (Brad)

AIDFW (Angel)

Rocket Cowboy (Charlie)

smiller (Seth)

3Putt (Tom & Joyce )

MooreDriven (Dale)

Ken H

SteveSardone

fossil (Roland)

Slyder_Steve

Silvereagle (John)

dawn

EricTheAwful

noel (& Karen)

Edgarr (Gary)

Slyder_Steve

Whip rates a purple, but poor eddd doesn't even make the confirmed list. Is this party exclusive to Texan north of the Nueces? grin.gif

Mike05 (Mike & Joyce )

KMG_365 (Jamie)

Les is more (Leslie)

tobysuza (Brad)

AIDFW (Angel)

Rocket Cowboy (Charlie)

smiller (Seth)

3Putt (Tom & Joyce )

MooreDriven (Dale)

Ken H

SteveSardone

fossil (Roland)

Slyder_Steve

Silvereagle (John)

dawn

EricTheAwful

noel (& Karen)

Edgarr (Gary)

eddd (Ed)

Whip rates a purple, but poor eddd doesn't even make the confirmed list. Is this party exclusive to Texan north of the Nueces? grin.gif

Not any more!! smile.gif eddd has made the list!! thumbsup.gif

SteveSardone

Just to bump this back to the top. To those of you who are coming to this from out of town, I live about 3 miles from this venue and have a spare bedroom and another spare couch in the game room. If anyone is interested in saving the cost of a hotel PM me and let me know. My wife and I would be happy to have you.

Steve

I just hope all of you realize how much gulping it's taking for this ultra left-wing liberal to set a tire in Texas!

Politics Saturday night anyone? wink.gifgrin.gif

Updated (as of 03/17) "Confirmed" List:

Mike05 (Mike & Joyce )

KMG_365 (Jamie)

Les is more (Leslie)

tobysuza (Brad)

AIDFW (Angel)

Rocket Cowboy (Charlie)

smiller (Seth)

3Putt (Tom & Joyce )

MooreDriven (Dale)

Ken H

SteveSardone

fossil (Roland)

Slyder_Steve

Silvereagle (John)

dawn

EricTheAwful

noel (& Karen)

Edgarr (Gary & Cookie )

Just back from Big Bend (Just a "GREAT TIME!! thumbsup.gif Thanks again John (johnlt) for putting it together!); will post local hotel information tonight/tomorrow.

Updated (as of 03/17) "Confirmed" List:

Mike05 (Mike & Joyce )

KMG_365 (Jamie)

Les is more (Leslie)

tobysuza (Brad)

AIDFW (Angel)

Rocket Cowboy (Charlie)

smiller (Seth)

3Putt (Tom & Joyce )

MooreDriven (Dale)

Ken H

SteveSardone

fossil (Roland)

Slyder_Steve

Silvereagle (John)

dawn

EricTheAwful

noel (& Karen)

Edgarr (Gary & Cookie )

Just back from Big Bend (Just a "GREAT TIME!! thumbsup.gif Thanks again John (johnlt) for putting it together!); will post local hotel information tonight/tomorrow.

I'm off the list again. I'm starting to get the hint. bncry.gif

b] Updated (as of 03/17/08) "Confirmed" List:[/b]

Mike05 (Mike & Joyce )

KMG_365 (Jamie)

Les is more (Leslie)

tobysuza (Brad)

AIDFW (Angel)

Rocket Cowboy (Charlie)

smiller (Seth)

3Putt (Tom & Joyce )

MooreDriven (Dale)

Ken H

SteveSardone

fossil (Roland)

Slyder_Steve

Silvereagle (John)

dawn

EricTheAwful

noel (& Karen)

Edgarr (Gary & Cookie )

eddd (Ed)

eddd, my bad ( blush.gif); trying to update the list the easy way; obviously not doing a very good job.

Some Hotel Information:

Use our home address for doing your own search (we're very close to where the event wll take place):

701 Ashley Ct.

Highland Village, Tx. 75077-1878

Best Western in Lake Dallas, Tx.

Embassy Suites North of D/FW Airport

Near Bass Pro Shop, Grapevine Mills (Huge Discount) Mall

La Quinta Inn - Lewisville, Tx.

Wildwood Inn

For those bring spouses, a really romantic (& expensive) B&B north of us in Denton. First-class accomodations & dining.

There are plenty of Hotels in the area; just remember to stay on the north side of the D/FW Airport (we're located about 20 minutes up Rte. 2499, due north) & you'll be fine.

Hope this helps; if more info. is needed pls. feel free to pm or just call Joyce & I at: 972.317.4601.

See everyone in a few weeks!

Tom,

Have a safe trip; looking forward to seeing your new Bike! thumbsup.gif

Talked with Ken H. earlier; asked him to bring along a "Brake Bleeding" wrench (same request to Lawman); Slyder_Steve mentioned he may want to do a Brake service while he's here.

For those that make it in on Fri. I suspect some folks may be gathered in my garage. Feel free to come by & join in.

Informal dinner Fri. night for anyone in town; everyone's welcome!!

Mike

Mike,

I'm still listed on standby for my flight in on Friday so assuming I make it, I'll be there Saturday morning. My son lives in Hickory Creek so I'll just buzz over there on his old airhead.

John,

Looking forward to seeing you! If you need a ride from the Airport pls. let us know.

Your son is welcome to join us as well.

See you Saturday.

Leslie and I are sitting in the airport waiting for a plane. It's not riding, but it will give us more time to visit!

We're looking forward to seeing our Texas and other mid-western buddies again! I just finished a 72-hour shift this morning and I've had so many meetings, funerals and other obligations along with two months of 100+ hour weeks (and just finally shook the bug I caught last week that has been going around) that I am really looking forward to getting away!!! smile.gif

WooHoo! clap.gif

Leslie and I are sitting in the airport waiting for a plane. It's not riding, but it will give us more time to visit!

We're looking forward to seeing our Texas and other mid-western buddies again! I just finished a 72-hour shift this morning and I've had so many meetings, funerals and other obligations along with two months of 100+ hour weeks (and just finally shook the bug I caught last week that has been going around) that I am really looking forward to getting away!!! smile.gif

WooHoo! clap.gif

We're looking forward to seeing you two as well! wave.gif

I thought you might get a chuckle out of the attachment. eek.gif

1015238-000NewfieParamedics.jpg.23f8a8ea98d5e012890fa2abbb5a6cb2.jpg

Hey Mike,

The directions look pretty clear but do you have a phone number to call... just in case...

Good question. Should have thought of that!!

Between now & Saturday, use: 972.317.4601 (Our home)

Saturday, use: 972.679.5751 (My cell) or 214.693.6787 (Joyce's cell).

I will not be able to make it as a medical emergency situation came up for me. I'm quite disappointed for missing the event but my situation needs to be taken care of. Obviuosly, Karen will not go either as she will be attending to me.

Have fun you guys. Happy Birthday Jamie.

Firefight911
On the road--just outside BR,la. Weather is perfect--just jixed myself. See you all soon

Slyder

hijack alert!!

Man, I love that avatar. That P-51 is just grinning, isn't it!?!?! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

On the road--just outside BR,la. Weather is perfect--just jixed myself. See you all soon

Slyder

hijack alert!!

Man, I love that avatar. That P-51 is just grinning, isn't it!?!?! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Just be glad the guns aren't twinkling!

IrishMike? Have you checked with Ireland to be sure they are OK with you using their name? grin.gif

You'll have to fill us in on the story behind the name change.

Anyway....Getting ready to head out. Probably swing by this evening to your Irish estate. See you soon. wave.gif

Slyder_Steve

IrishMike will have to tell you about the name change, but the "Foo Foo dog" pulls double duty as a very good mop grin.gif

Hey Gang

I'm gonna miss a party in my own back yard.

Too much work, not enough time......(Final Four in 7 days and the show will begin in 4.)

Have a great time and someone please kick Seth in the shins for me.

Whip

Have a great time and someone please kick Seth in the shins for me.
There's some things you just gotta to do for yourself. Too bad you MISSED THE CHANCE... wave.gif

Awe Larry, "had to work", yeah, we've heard THAT story before! You were just worried Seth and I would gang up on you and fluster you under the table, right?

I'm home as far as Witchita, KS. As I wander about from weird little town to town as part of my local club's IBETour contest. Today's trivia - No matter what anyone says there is no such place as Santa Fe, Oklahoma.

Big BIG thanks to Mike and Joyce for their GREAT hospitality, Jamie of course for instucting, and Leslie of course too!

It was fun seeing a few familuar faces from here and meeting even more. Thanks one and all.

Awe Larry, "had to work", yeah, we've heard THAT story before!

....not from me. I usually don't work. I have people.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Whip

SteveSardone

Many thanks to Mike and Joyce for hosting this great event. It was great getting to know them better. It was a great pleasure getting to meet everyone else atttending. Jamie did an exceptional job conducting the class. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this event.

Steve

Slyder_Steve

Made it back to Pensacola last night. Rain started in Tyler, TX and finally subsided about 50 miles South of Alexandria, LA--now that was fun tongue.gif

Had a most excellent time meeting up with everyone again.

Joyce and Mike; Thank you for the fantastic hospitality clap.gif

Maxi Jamie; Thanks for the new tools in my accident tool box that I hope to never have to use eek.gif

Ken H; thanks for the help with my brake bleed thumbsup.gif

See you all soon,

Slyder

Leslie & Jamie on the plane home! Left Dallas 2:20 p.m. this afternoon (Monday)

Jamie did his usual excellent job teaching & Leslie, as always, represented both herself & this Board in the best way possible. You set a nice standard kiddo. clap.gif

Limecreek only thinks he didn't attend; my Bike is sitting on the lift sans tupperware & shocks thanks to his excellent tutorial on how to remove the OEM shocks. Thanks Greg! thumbsup.gif

Joyce & I want to thank all of you for attending; we had a wonderful time & look forward to the next gathering.

Ride safe & often,

Mike & Joyce McKennedy

Thanks for your hospitality Mike. Hope you got those valves adjusted to within .0005"...

And I just thought I'd note this AP article today... you are apparantly really up on things Jamie... grin.gif

Archived