IGNORED

Catskills Frosty nuts Ride Sunday the 11th

Chugger

There's a small possibility I might be able to join the ride. Sounds like a chance to try out my new Gerbing jacket liner - forecast calls for a high in the mid-40s and sunny. I'd be coming over from NH. Please send me details of the ride when they're available. grin.gif

Any body interested in a prewinter frosty nuts ride?

Meeting place still TBD - Peter Has a lot of covered bridges on this route.

Hey Paul. Count me in! It'll be good to see you and Peter. Want to meet at the Starbucks in New Paltz again?

There's a small possibility I might be able to join the ride. Sounds like a chance to try out my new Gerbing jacket liner - forecast calls for a high in the mid-40s and sunny. I'd be coming over from NH. Please send me details of the ride when they're available. grin.gif

I'll be testing mine out for the first time too Eric. smile.gif ... guess I won't have to borrow anyone's extra sweatshirt this time around. wink.gif

I'd bring some extra cloths anyway - The first time I wore my heated jacket three years ago about this time of the year. We just got to Liberty exit and the plug on my thermostat blu frown.gif

It was a looooong ride home bncry.gif

Any body interested in a prewinter frosty nuts ride?

Meeting place still TBD - Peter Has a lot of covered bridges on this route.

Interested but not sure I can make it. I will keep an eye on the thread and will play it by ear as we get closer.

a

My gerbings has been keeping me warm for the last few weeks. It was 34deg this morning on the ride in to work. Nice and toasty, now i just have to watch out for slick roads.

Seems like a lot of interest on the frosty nuts, but no real details yet?

Brian

Ashland, MA

Start point N41 44.430 W74 03.375

College Diner: Corner of rt 299 and South Ohioville Road, New Paltz, NY

dinercopy.jpg

End Point: Around Phoenicia NY

Purple line is 180 miles

Estimated time is 5 hrs

routecopy.jpg

Kickstands up at 9:00 am, unless folks want to start earlier. I will

Get there an hour or so before for some breakfast .

I can send the gdb file if anyone wants it. Leave your e-mail in a PM. It's too big to attach.

Note: Start point of route is NOT the meeting point

Peekamoose will be on the route – (for you Peekamoose fans, you know who you are)

I would like to get group pictures at all the bridges, 8 total.

Expect a few short dirt/gravel roads in there somewhere.

In the spirit of recent threads...

We could name the ride “de rit van de de bruggenmotorfiets van kattenvaardigheden“

If you 'babelfish' it from Dutch to English you will find

it sounds better in Dutch tongue.gif

Peter

Looks like a great ride but I also will have to pass. Almost 4 hrs to starting point for me. I'll probably end up doing a ride closer to home since that new Gerbing really seems to want a shakedown ride. Enjoy! wave.gif

I am going to pass. It maybe in the teens Sunday morning and it looks like 2 1/2 ride to the meeting place. Have a good ride and thanks for posting.

Mike

Don't be a sissy Art! grin.gif

I know you have access to sheet metal screws, you can stud your tires.

I'll be building up my new XR650L Adventure Dual Sport on Sunday so its a garage day for me. It's not heated so I'll be there in spirit. lmao.gif

Don, what's up!!!

Who you callin' sissy grin.gif. I rode today, but dirt with my son. We got in about 3 hours of wet, slick muck and rocks, mixed in with frozen dirt and slick roots thumbsup.gif. I'd have pics but I broke my camera (in my dirtbagz) on a rough trail.

That XRL sounds sweet. How are you setting it up?

Here's my ride (summer pics):

199014340-M.jpg

199013367-M.jpg

PFB and Chugger, GREAT ride yesterday! I had a lot of fun and great to meet up with you guys once again.

We have to get together for another ride before the "real" cold settles in. Perhaps a 130-150 mile loop taking in the back roads of Dutchess and Columbia counties as well as Northwestern CT?

I'm still working on it Art. I just put a Clarke 4.7 tank on it. I'm looking foreword to doing some outback camping this season, perhaps you can PM me with a few suggestions up your way. It'd be good to get out with old friends.

Hey guys,

Sorry I couldn't make the ride this year. The 02RT has a bad slave cylinder that I'm waiting for parts on and the new 04RT isn't coming until this week so I have to get it registered and the gerbings hooked up at least.

I'm in if you do any riding in December, January. Snow just adds to the excitement for me. Just ask beemergirl and ppotratz.

Looked like a great day to ride!

Paul

DANG!!!! I didn't have internet connection (heck, just got a comupter tongue.gif) I would have met up w/you guys - riding has been brisk, but still getting out there and not thinking of gas stabil for another month grin.gifthumbsup.gif

I'm reconnected and will be here more frequently - you've been warned grin.gif

Hey! Welcome back! Missed you. bncry.gif

although...I did NOT freeze my butt off w/ the nuts in the snow/ice in the Catskills this year. Instead I went camping w/ my son. Not quite as cold....but we were out in it for a lot longer! eek.gif

My rides have been starting w/temps in the high 20's and topping out in high 30's, but I love it! The Gerbings and Stich wrap you in just enough warmth, but still let you feel the chill too - kinda hard to explain.

Sounds like you and your son had a great time!

Ya know we have plenty of time to still get together and ride s'more grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Hey De,

good to see you are back on. Temps have not been quite as low as yours but I can definitively feel the chill in the air. However, I am hoping to avoid the stabil all together this Winter! Let;s see if we can pull a ride soon.

a

Hey all,

I still have only one heated grip. Gotta get gloves and I'm back in the cold riding. Maybe we can have a Christmas party or something.

I'm in for New Year's!

Welcome back Dee. clap.gif I missed my riding buddy... Here's to remembering riding from the Finger Lakes Rally to the UnRally in one day on 90% back roads and even some dirt roads. Awesome day of riding. cool.gif

See everyone soon.

Paul

How about a New Years Day ride weather permitting?? thumbsup.gif

If the roads are clear, I'm IN......Just pick a rendezvous spot. Transversed your neck of woods today in route to Toymakers.

Count me in as well! Oh it's like a Christmas gift received early to be back in touch with all you folks! Hello to you all wave.gif

Samsar - what a trip it was thumbsup.gif Thanks for letting me tag along for that glorious day of riding.

Archived