IGNORED

PSA: Don't forget the locktite

swilson

Heard an odd noise while going over a bump yesterday that made my brain think 'loose fender.' I was a block from home so I got into the garage and took a look. Sure enough... loose front fender. 1 bolt was completely missing, the other 3 were all very loose. Then I rembered taking it off a couple months ago. I put the bolts back in dry.

So here's your Public Service Announcement for the week...

DON'T FORGET THE LOCKTITE.

There was a recall for special bolts for the front fender. I have the mod on my 1150rt. The new ones do NOT vibrate loose. Check your dealer.

Henry

Whoops. I just got back from the parts counter. Paid for 'em myself since I didn't know about the recall. Got the first one and saw they were redesigned... so I got a second one. I'll just eat the $10, but hopefully someone else will see this and save the money.

If you want to check your bikes... the original ones were black, the new ones are silver. The new ones have a slot cut the length of the threads with either plastic or an adhesive in the slot.

russell_bynum
There was a recall for special bolts for the front fender. I have the mod on my 1150rt. The new ones do NOT vibrate loose. Check your dealer.

Henry

What's the difference with the new bolts?

russell_bynum
What's the difference with the new bolts?
They don't come loose on their own.

Thanks...very helpful. dopeslap.gif

grin.gif

Seriously, though...what did they change? Longer bolts? Bolts with loctite already on there?

If you want to check your bikes... the original ones were black, the new ones are silver. The new ones have a slot cut the length of the threads with either plastic or an adhesive in the slot.

Archived