IGNORED

2008 RT's?

Bill P.

I've had no luck in finding an 04 RT so based on keithb's suggestion, I went back to the dealer for a test ride on an 07 RT. I'm liking the RT! clap.gif

So I called a couple of dealers to find out what they have and it seems as if the blue RT's are out of stock and no orders are being placed. One dealer thought BMW might make a color change on the 08's. Has anyone heard of any changes to colors on the 08's?

Thanks.

Bill

I've had no luck in finding an 04 RT so based on keithb's suggestion, I went back to the dealer for a test ride on an 07 RT. I'm liking the RT! clap.gif

So I called a couple of dealers to find out what they have and it seems as if the blue RT's are out of stock and no orders are being placed. One dealer thought BMW might make a color change on the 08's. Has anyone heard of any changes to colors on the 08's?

Just speculation on my part but if orders can't be placed, chances are there are more than just colors being updated for the '08s. This time last year, '07s were already in the pipeline.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Iron Horse Motorcycles had a couple of blues in when I went by the other day. Don't know how anxious you are, but might be worth a call. They might be getting anxious to sell them.

Rich

Iron Horse Motorcycles had a couple of blues in when I went by the other day. Don't know how anxious you are, but might be worth a call. They might be getting anxious to sell them.

Rich

Thanks Rich.

Anyone in particular that you dealt with there?

Just speculation on my part but if orders can't be placed, chances are there are more than just colors being updated for the '08s. This time last year, '07s were already in the pipeline.

The dealer I spoke with thought that there weren't going to be any changes to the RT but when the system wouldn't allow orders, he thought something was going to change. The logical choice would be colors.

I'm just curious because I really would prefer the reds that they had.

The dealer I spoke with thought that there weren't going to be any changes to the RT but when the system wouldn't allow orders, he thought something was going to change. The logical choice would be colors.

That may be the case. On the other hand, the colors changed for '07 and as I mentioned, by this time last year the bikes were available for order.

What has me suspicious is this little teaser from Dean about the '08 GS line. lurker.gif

I've had no luck in finding an 04 RT so based on keithb's suggestion

Bill

If you're still looking for an 04, here's one that just went on the SouthCoaster's forum.

Hermy's in Port Clinton, PA had a blue one last Thursday. You could fly in and ride home. grin.gif

I wish I could but my wife would kill me. Plus the work schedule is a killer in November.

So if I went to PA, I would suffer 2 deaths??? grin.gif

Rich

Thanks Rich.

Anyone in particular that you dealt with there?

Ask for John. He is the owner and a great guy. Can't talk to price but the store and owners have much deserved wonderful reputation. thumbsup.gif

Hermy's in Port Clinton, PA had a blue one last Thursday. You could fly in and ride home. grin.gif

I wish I could but my wife would kill me. Plus the work schedule is a killer in November.

But at least you would spend your last days on a new pretty blue bike! lmao.gif

If you take the scenic route home you could probably delay the inevitable by a week or two! lmao.gif

I had heard that there are no new colors for the RT in 2008. I also heard that blue is no longer available (just something that I heard--no confirmation). The only change that I know of from 2007 to 2008 is that the 2008 has a countdown 'clock' that would notify the rider of the need for a service....hardly a "to die for" change. You might be able to get a deal on a '07.

Archived