IGNORED

Twin Spark

Nemo

Hello,

My first post to this list. I have just purchased a 2002 1150RT with the twin spark modification. BMW San Jose performed the mod and obviously the bike runs great. As this is my first BMW, is this mod much sought after?

After thirty bikes (none BMW), I have to look no more!

Regards,

Brian

Hello,

My first post to this list. I have just purchased a 2002 1150RT with the twin spark modification. BMW San Jose performed the mod and obviously the bike runs great. As this is my first BMW, is this mod much sought after? After thirty bikes (none BMW), I have to look no more!

Regards,

Brian

I do not think a large number of single spark plug bikes were converted. Certainly San Jose would know how many they did, and how many kits sold.

I have a 2000 and did the conversion myself, after San Jose did the head drilling and taping. My 2000 performs much better with dual spark, starts easier, smoother through the entire rpm range, more torque down low, better gas mileage by 1-2 mpg.

I did not have surging, a few who communicated, said it helped or eliminated surging.

All new BMW's have dual spark, with essentially the same engine, so their must be an advantage to dual spark.

Archived