IGNORED

Verizon and Zumo 550

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

I have a BMW K1200RS and a Chevy Truck. The Zumo 550 is mounted near the drivers side pillar post in my truck.

I have been using a Verizon XV6700 phone and could not get contacts/phonebook to port over to the Zumo. Also, bluetooth seemed to come and go, which I attribute to the XV6700 phone. It's not been very good.

I tried SEVERAL other phones at Verizon and had trouble. You may not know that Verizon has not been 'friendly' about whats called BT DUN. The sharing of info between devices. Some speculate that's because they want you to use THEIR services. (GPS, multimedia, etc)

Especially troublesome was not having phonebook entries. The K1200RS is my 'primary' vehicle, and unfortunately I have to be able to make calls. YES, I pull over usually, but the advantage of the integration is that I can do it all with one thumb while stopped safely, then resume my ride.

I picked up a Verizon LG VX8350 this morning. Phone book ports over EVERY time. Over 100 contacts. No trouble synching, no trouble with BT dropping (yet).

I use an Autocom system (older active 7) and a Autocom 1273 BT dongle. (Thank you Leighton and EffBee at Browns)

So..., when I'm on the K1200RS I select the 'Autocom Dongle' on my Zumo. I also have the GXM-30 receiver on the bike, so I have Phone, XM Radio, MP3, NAV, and intercom with passenger. Away we go...

When I get in my truck, I put the Zumo in the cradle, select change headset to 'Motorola BT' (my little BT earpiece), and away we go...

In either case I'm "Hands Free".

I'm a happy guy. ;D

DaveTheAffable clap.gif

ditto on the vx6700. I have the same phone and have no trouble handshaking to the zumo, but no one can hear me talk, tho i hear them perfectly.

Maddening.

All of my other phones have worked perfectly.

ugh.

hey, btw hows that Tire Changing Tool working out from HF?

Completed a tire change yet?

DaveTheAffable

I got the BT Dongle from Autocom and I could hear both sides on the XV6700, but did have LOTS of problems. In general I haven't liked the PHONE, but liked the fact it was windows mobile. In the end... I just got tired of the hassel. The LG 8350 is sweet, but obviously doesnt do all the cool windows PC stux the XV6700 does. frown.gif

HF Tire changer? Yeah... I'm the proud owner of a set of Conti Road Attacks. It was NOT as easy as I thought. I learned alot. With what I learned, it'll be easier next time... IF there's a next time. lmao.gif

DaveTheAffable
I picked up a Verizon LG VX8350 this morning. Phone book ports over EVERY time. Over 100 contacts. No trouble synching, no trouble with BT dropping (yet).

In either case I'm "Hands Free".

I'm a happy guy. ;D

DaveTheAffable clap.gif

10/15 - Update - Well, into day two now. I was wrong in the first post. "Only" one thing doesn't work. I can't hang up! This is REALLY frustrating. First 24 hours or so I spoke to people, who at end of call hung up. Today I learned that it doesn't matter if I call a person, or a machine, I can't hang up. This stinks.

Archived