IGNORED

Assignments and Updates ...

Spike

A mid September Brain Dump with some initial assignments ...

As you all know Un'05 will be in Staunton VA at their KOA. Hotel rooms have been blocked 5 miles away at the local Days Inn. Rooms are nice. There is a closer hotel (Ramada) that we will tell people about though we werent confident enough in them to block rooms there. So far heres what I would like people to work on ...

Patti: She is working on a registration site and will be taking care of the campground registrations.

Brian: Id like you to handle the T-shirts. You did a great job on the ones for Mayhem so I figured we could continue the tradition. If we can get them done soon enough we were thinking of sending the shirts out ahead of time with maps and such.

Jim: We have information on a local caterer that is familiar with the KOA and has done many events there. Can you look into setting up the dinner for Wednesday night ? Patti can get you the information. Were thinking mayb BBQ Chicken or something ?

Paul M.: Paul is looking at maps and will be working with me on getting some routes together.

Cabell: It would be nice if we could do some form of Continental Bfast at the KOA on the three mornings. Can you look into what it would take to pull this off ?

Russ: Right now I have you on the bench. If you see a need feel free to jump in, otherwise Ill be using you sometime in the future.

If you all could respond to this thread so I know that your on board I would appreciate it.

-- John

Let me jump in with a note about money, too. Last time we collected with checks sent directly to Jamie/Leslie and PayPal sent to our "site" account, the notifications for which I forwarded to them. They held the checks and sent them in as a batch at the end.

Meanwhile, I fronted $5,000 to them, which they put in a separate account and from which they paid all the expenses. When it was done they did an accounting and we settled up. As I recall, we ended up with ca. $800 left over, which went into site support funds.

My perspective (and feel free to share yours) is that we don't need this as a fund raiser. If we break even, that's perfect. I really don't think we ought to lose money on it, though, and I feel pretty strongly about that because those who've sent in site support funds have not sent them in for the purpose of making up for any shortfalls in our planning. In other words, that's not the intent of their gift.

All that to say that you all do what you want and tell me what, if anything, you'll need from me: our PayPal account and/or fronted funds as the time gets closer.

The forum has been here about two months and I turned on your access after you agreed to help out a few months ago. Well give you more information as time goes on and if you have any questions please ask. Right now I think were just looking for ideas on how to pull it off and maybe who to use.

-- John

The forum has been here about two months and I turned on your access after you agreed to help out a few months ago. Well give you more information as time goes on and if you have any questions please ask. Right now I think were just looking for ideas on how to pull it off and maybe who to use.

-- John

I think he meant "a few weeks"..... smile.gif

Patti,

One request from an old guy whose eyes aren't as good as they used to be frown.gif Assuming we have name badges- print the first name or handle in large type so that I can tell who I'm talking to thumbsup.gif

Patti,

One request from an old guy whose eyes aren't as good as they used to be frown.gif Assuming we have name badges- print the first name or handle in large type so that I can tell who I'm talking to thumbsup.gif

I got MINE!

tee_silverwrench.jpg

tongue.gif

Paul Mihalka

Hi guys and gals,

Was away for two weeks on a fly/drive vacation with dear wife Maria (I always have to choose between Maria or bike).

Looks like I've got the most fun part of the "job". I'll do the best I can.

wow, i've been offline for a while. looks like this is all in control Spike.

I'm happy to help w/the shirts. I'll work on some ideas in the next few weeks and email you some comps. Paying up front is good, since for Mayhem people said they wanted shirts, but through either not attending dinner or missing the event all together, I wound up with about 8 extra shirts. oh well.

keep up the good work capt. planner.

Howsabout that....a new forum appeared.

Paul,

When you get ready to ride some routes,let me know.I might be able to help.I,m only a hour from Staunton.

May even be able to use part of the Mayhem routes.

Todd

Im impressed. It only took you a day to find the new forum after I turned it on Todd. It took some of these Yahoo's WEEKS before they realized it. dopeslap.gif

Howsabout that....a new forum appeared.

Welcome, Todd! smile.gif And that reminds me: thanks for taking care of Mark Davis at Mayhem. He really enjoyed his time with you. He says you are a really good human being. I corrected his perception, of course, and now hw thinks of you like I do. grin.gif

Im impressed. It only took you a day to find the new forum after I turned it on Todd. It took some of these Yahoo's WEEKS before they realized it. dopeslap.gif

Wow! A new forum wink.gif

I think it took me months not weeks grin.gif

Actually we have been so busy traveling that I heven't been online that much clap.gif

I'll be in touch for my assigned responsibilities.

Please don't tell Brian you gave me the easier job...he'll never let me forget it thumbsup.gif

Jim: We have information on a local caterer that is familiar with the KOA and has done many events there. Can you look into setting up the dinner for Wednesday night ? Patti can get you the information. Were thinking mayb BBQ Chicken or something ?

You "DID" mean BBQ'd Tofu or Veggie dogs didn't you???

• 2 weeks later...

what forum?

Archived