IGNORED

This is a great forum, you're the best and thank you

milesandmiles

milesandmiles

I just have to voice my admiration and appreciation to everyone with valuable input on this forum. It is such a huge comfort to know I have such a vast resource of information for my bike. To those of you who have gained the experience and have taken the trouble to reach that extra level of understanding and are willing to share it, I just have to say THANK YOU clap.gif

And thank you. You are so right; I am the best.

Ummmm, Greg.....

I just have to voice my admiration and appreciation to everyone with VALUABLE input on this forum.

grin.gifwave.gif

russell_bynum
And thank you. You are so right; I am the best.

Ummmm, Greg.....

I just have to voice my admiration and appreciation to everyone with VALUABLE input on this forum.

grin.gifwave.gif

Ouch...that's gonna leave a mark.

skinny_tom (aka boney)
Ummmm, Greg.....

Where's that enemies list...

I think Richard is keeping it...

Seriously though, this site has made ownership of my BMW a much more rewarding, easier, and less expensive proposition.

It rocks.

Rewarding? Yes.

Easier? Yes.

Less expensive? Probably.

The more maintanance you can do yourself, the more you save.

If you need major work, just check in here. We're always available to help.

Just ask Shawn.

And thank you!!

It seems we've reached a bit of a milestone. You're now a part of a fan club of 15,000 members! thumbsup.gif

Francois_Dumas
Shenanigans!

MilesandMiles & JRoper have the same avatar.

By the way your very welcome.

A DUTCH cow in a sidecar, no less !!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

And thank you!!

It seems we've reached a bit of a milestone. You're now a part of a fan club of 15,000 members! thumbsup.gif

Just curious, Les: of the 15,000 members, how many people make up 90% of the posts? My guess is about 20.

Rewarding? Yes.

Easier? Yes.

Less expensive? Probably.

The more maintenance you can do yourself, the more you save.

If you need major work, just check in here. We're always available to help.

Just ask Shawn.

Well the less expensive part is a double-edges sword! For every $1 I've save on maintenance as a result of this site I think I have spent $2 on farkles as a result of this site!
Just curious, Les: of the 15,000 members, how many people make up 90% of the posts? My guess is about 20.

BTW, yzfrider is the million dollar prize winner. Ed McMahon will come to your door with a massive cardboard check. No, really! I promise! After taxes and after you donate 99.99% of what's left, back to the board, as stipulated in the User Agreement--What?? You didn't read the User Agreement????---we'll send you a nice thank you note, suitable for framing. lmao.gif

Here are some stats, courtesy of Jamie--

Number of total registered members: 15,000

Number of folks who have logged on within the last five years: 13,600

Number of folks who have logged on within the last four years: 12,350

Number of folks who have logged on within the last three years: 11,200

Number of folks who have logged on within the last two years: 9600

Number of folks who have logged on within the last twelve months: 7000

Number of folks who have logged on within the last six months: 5500

Number of folks who have logged on within the last three months: 4100

Number of folks who have logged on within the last one month: 2900

Number of folks who have logged on within the last three weeks: 2500

Number of folks who have logged on within the last two weeks: 2250

Number of folks who have logged on within the last week: 1850

Actually, it's roughly 1,900.

Position/Percentage:

10/11%

20/17%

38/25%

178/50%

979/80%

1900/90%

From my last census, over 6,000 members have never posted a message, and nearly another 1,000 have posted only once.

Ok I'm out too grin.gifwave.gif

Perhaps the others who never posted felt they didn't have anything significant to say. Funny that doesn't seem to slow me down smirk.gif

And just as an additional bit of trivia, David accounts for a full 2.56% of the posts made to the DB, Russell for 2.15%. I left in the mysterious "Admin" user, though I'm not sure that many of that user's posts are public; I assume they have to do largely with automated content and the like. Those are 2.28% of the posts. Ken H., Mitch, and Fernando are the only other users with more than 1% of the total posts, with ShovelStrokeEd just narrowly missing the cutoff at 0.99%.

Interesting, User names sometimes stick out more than others and it just seems that they post more than the norm.

I think the key thing we can take away is that while there are a number of users (myself included) who post a lot, this is still a pretty active community with lots of varied participation.

In my attempt to now hijack this thread...

My earlier numbers were off, because I was sorting on posts per day, not by total posts.

Instead of this:

Position/Percentage:

10/11%

20/17%

38/25%

178/50%

979/80%

1900/90%

It's more like this:

6/10%

10/13.71%

20/20.38%

30/25.70%

128/50%

731/80%

1503/90%

As of my last census:

13,946 users. 1,463 users with 1 post. 5,320 users with 0 posts.

Dave_zoom_zoom
I just have to voice my admiration and appreciation to everyone with valuable input on this forum. It is such a huge comfort to know I have such a vast resource of information for my bike. To those of you who have gained the experience and have taken the trouble to reach that extra level of understanding and are willing to share it, I just have to say THANK YOU clap.gif

I couldn't agree more!

My sincere appreciation to all that contribute.

I learn so much - in time I hope to contribute more.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Archived