IGNORED

2007 K1200GT Farkle Notes

kingpinofdisks

kingpinofdisks

The vstream windshield is quiet, BUT it makes the front end dance a bit (a nervous dance) if the air is really dirty (i.e. swirling or strong winds).

The sargent seat is a must-have item for you K1200GT owners - just that simple.

The footpeg lowering kit is nice, but it means less ground clearance for the twisties - I may put the pegs back to normal.

The Hepko & Becker rear case SUCKS - I don't recommend this piece of crap to anyone. Wait for GIVI to make a rear mount for their 52L case.

Dave McReynolds

I guess each person's butt is unique. Perhaps whoever modeled for the stock 2007 K1200GT seat had a butt similar to mine. But when I left Torrey last Sunday, riding on the stock seat with an Aerostich sheepskin pad on it, I was planning on stopping somewhere on the way to spend the night. But I just kept going on and on, and eventually I was in Carson City, and there wasn't much point in stopping there, so I just continued on to Sacramento. And my butt felt great, thank you!

I love my Zumo with XM.

I like my Cee Bailey +2 windshield.

I talked the dealer out of a BMW small topcase as a part of the deal, which is okay, but a larger one would be better (wouldn't look as good though). I guess overall I'm happier with the small one, since I use it mainly in town for commuting.

I modified my old tank bag from my previous generation K1200GT to work on the new one, which is fine. I can't imagine taking a long trip without a tank bag.

Knowing that BMW no longer provides tool kits, I snitched the old one from my old K1200GT that I traded in, and of course have a few supplemental items, like a plug-n-go tire repair kit.

All the other stock stuff seems to work fine as is!

I'm 6'3" with bad knees, so I need the peg extensions. I have the Verholens, which are adjustable, elegant and come in two models. I chose the 1.25" and have had no drag problems. The 2" version seems to invite trouble.

I have the BMW tall windshield and a Corbin seat, which I had them RAISE 1 inch to preserve my knee room. All seem to work in concert, except the Corbin firmness; seems excessive from their older models.

Also, I'll add that Corbin's leather is at least as slippery as vinyl, except with leathers. I try to use BMW Summer Pants (over-engineered with waterproofing) and slide all over the place. So, it's back to the perforated Vansons.

Always interested in new insights. But you really do need to change the saddle.

I guess each person's butt is unique. Perhaps whoever modeled for the stock 2007 K1200GT seat had a butt similar to mine. But when I left Torrey last Sunday, riding on the stock seat with an Aerostich sheepskin pad on it, I was planning on stopping somewhere on the way to spend the night. But I just kept going on and on, and eventually I was in Carson City, and there wasn't much point in stopping there, so I just continued on to Sacramento. And my butt felt great, thank you!

Yep, apparently butts are unique, or else K1200GT seats are highly variable. I rode my buddy's '07 GT, and for me the seat was a 25-miler. It was like riding on an on-edge 2x6 with an underflated balloon on each side. Way to much pressure on my crotch, and no real support on the buns, plus I tended to rock from side to side on it. I have a pretty skinny butt, but it didn't work for my buddy, either, who has a rather larger butt. He got a custom-made Corbin (ride-in appt.) and is much happier.

The Hepko & Becker rear case SUCKS - I don't recommend this piece of crap to anyone. Wait for GIVI to make a rear mount for their 52L case.

Givi already have a rack to fit the GT standard rack - they just don't realise it! Order the fitting kit for the R1200 RT and use this as both the RT & GT share the same rear rack.

I did this about 18 months ago and I know others have as well. It fits well and so far I've had no trouble with it after around 12,000 touring miles, two up.

Archived