IGNORED

1200 RT Headlight not working

Rommel

Thought my right low beam bulb had blown but after replacing it the light still doesn't work. Checked the old bulb and sure enough nowt wrong with it. Supposed to go to Portugal in 7 days and won't have a chance to take the bike to the dealer so any thought on what could be wrong much appreciated.

Thanks

There is an earlier thread on this. On my '05, all the lights went out at the same time, and all the bulbs were good. You may just have a faulty connection or loose wire somewhere, but I ended up with a whole new headlight assembly, covered on the warranty. The service manager said there was an unknown fault in there somewhere, and it was not feasible to track it down, thus the swapout.

There is an earlier thread on this. On my '05, all the lights went out at the same time, and all the bulbs were good. You may just have a faulty connection or loose wire somewhere, but I ended up with a whole new headlight assembly, covered on the warranty. The service manager said there was an unknown fault in there somewhere, and it was not feasible to track it down, thus the swapout.
Done a search but can't find anything.
Even after starting the bike?
Yes - but then the low beam only comes on after starting anyway......or is your's different?
The point of the question is the ZFE module has to see a start cycle before it will clear a lamp out fault. A point that has tripped up some people. But in your case sounds like you've eliminated that possibility.

Archived