IGNORED

A little location morsel to chew on...

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Sorry, can't release the precise location just yet...need to firm up details like discounted lodging prices. I can't have you guys/gals calling in advance of my officially telling the town that we're descending on them. It's just not very nice. wink.gif

What I will tell you is that the State for the UnRally is Oregon. clap.gif

Get out yer maps and look east of Sweet Home, west of Nyssa, north of Bonanza and south of Helix. Somewhere in there is the secret location of the 7th UnRally sitting at less than a mile above sea level. confused.gif

Temperatures could be anywhere from 50-100 degrees, light winds, trace precipitation. thumbsup.gif

Roads will be fantastic. Of course, that's not much of a clue because most of the roads in Oregon are fantastic. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Look for the precise location to be announced sometime this month. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Thanks for playing! grin.gif

Seems I remember the elk hunters saying that there are Rosevelt Elk in those hills, very thick and nasty wilderness areas for sure. Lets camp in a desinated hard top camper area so we can introduce the local bears to BMW panniers full of twinkies!

Hey!! Wait a minute, that would put it right in the middle of Crater Lake! Oops! Wrong map!

lmao.gif

........is it Wizard Island???

oops.....not enough pavement

grin.gif

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Bend? Mt. Bachelor?

odt23.jpg

Nah, too big...

Sisters?

No way! Too hippy and way too busy.

Prineville?

odt33.jpg

Ooohh. Could be...

Seneca?

odt43.jpg

Just remember to fill up Sunday morning...

Unity?

odt58.jpg

Can't be... there's only one restaurant- and it doesn't even have a name!

Ukiah?

odt62.jpg

Can you say "Weirdo?" One guy owns the whole town and uses it as his personal billboard/grindsotne. eek.gif

Yeah, that pretty much seals it up for me... I'll make my prediction by PM and see if I'm right.

Nope. I'm wrong.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
You are enjoying this suspense game waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. lurker.gif

I was gonna say that it was somewhere between Astoria, Brookings, Flora and McDermitt but I thought I'd narrow it down a little. grin.gif

whalerautumn

I personally think that Sisters is cool. I dislike the oppressive speed limits in the state. I believe that triple digits costs you your ride. I could be wrong, it has happened before. Lots of nice riding in the center of the state, though.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I dislike the oppressive speed limits in the state. I believe that triple digits costs you your ride.
First off, I really like Sisters too. Rejected for the Un, however. I'll ask Fasterpill to weigh in on speed limits since he used to live there and has successfully talked his way out of tickets. Seriously though, take a closer look at the speed signs next time you're there. They don't say "speed limit", they just say "speed". I believe its something about reasonable speed for given conditions. I think Phil's argument one time was that on a Sunday, in the remote area wherever he was, blue sky, light traffic, his 75 in a 60 was reasonable for conditions. He knew the law and politely explained it to the officer. Not many people really know the laws in Oregon or their own state.

We looked at several locations in Washington too, but one of the many reasons we decided to have it NOT in WA was that the WSP all use laser speed detection which gives you a chance of, oh, zero. At least now, armed with a detector, you have a chance of scrubbing your speed before you get seen.

Freedom from enforcement was a serious location consideration. I think OR employs 2 troopers in the entire state.

Carry on with your location speculation...I will neither confirm nor deny any publicly suggested suggestion... smile.gif

bAKER cITY

...plenty to do if riding ain't yo thing - and plenty of riding to do if'n it is..!

Am I right?? -- Well , Am I..?

Don't I get a new bike or somethin' for guessing it correctly..?

Talk to me..! c'mon..! dopeslap.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
bAKER cITY...plenty to do if riding ain't yo thing
If riding aint yer thang, then why are you here??? grin.gif

DENIED! Thanks for playing. Looks like a really nice area tho... lurker.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif TANK'S HOUSE clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifwave.gif
Then I'm IN thumbsup.gifgrin.gif
Me too...I've always wanted to go down that way. As far as your official guess, please withdraw it before I embarrass you. grin.gif

OK, somewhere in my little brain I remember a thread/post about a NEW state campground that had opened in Oregon...

Someone help me here... confused.gif

MB>.........already asked if it was Oregon and got slapped down...

I personally think that Sisters is cool. I dislike the oppressive speed limits in the state. I believe that triple digits costs you your ride. I could be wrong, it has happened before. Lots of nice riding in the center of the state, though.

*Something* must be going on in Sisters the week of the Unrally. AAA web site shows no rooms available at the Best Western Ponderosa Lodge for July 7-12. Maybe the state HOG rally?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

*Something* must be going on in Sisters the week of the Unrally. AAA web site shows no rooms available at the Best Western Ponderosa Lodge for July 7-12. Maybe the state HOG rally?

Really. It's not us. Don't book a room there. smile.gif

hELL'S aNGEL'S lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Uhhh, YEAH... Don't you guys keep up on the latest in Quilting???? For you Quilters out there......

Sheesh! lmao.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Up the ante Steve....Morsels don't get it...

Perhaps a prize for the winner is in order...

Free dinner perhaps... grin.gif

Nobody has been anywhere close...so I don't think I'm losing anything...

hey, my wife is a big time quilter, this will be perfect, I ride all day and she attends quiting stuff all day. Perfect solution. so how close will we be to Sisters???

Joseph is cool - we've made the ride over to the bronze, blues and brews festival a yearly event. Multiple ways to get there and they're all great.

Oregon has about 1/3 the number of State Troopers that Washington has, so they are spread pretty thin. The speed laws are rather conservative IMO. The actual laws are here: Oregon Traffic Laws. The specially relevant sections are 811.108 and 811.109. They recently passed a statute that mandates a $1000 fine if you are caught traveling in excess of 100 mph. It appears to be a mandatory fine with automatic suspension. And there is provision for mandatory suspension if you are 30 over the posted limit. Just so you know...

We rode from Hood River to Condon to Heppner and down US 395 to Lakeview this spring and it was the one of the best trips I've done so far. So I'm up for anything in that part of the state. And I'd love to meet youse guys.

Archived