IGNORED

:::2004 k T M Adventure 950 - ...talk to me...:::

hANNAbONE

i'VE gOT a line on a one owner 9800 mile KTM Adventure 950 with side GobiBags, wired tank bag, FMF slip on exhaust cans, all GPS & V1 connections already to go, stock OEM seat, Gel Seat, Canisterectomy completed along with carbs rejetted for free flowing exhaust, cosmetically perf...mechanically perf too.

Does anybody else other that wHIPdON have one - if so, what can you tell me about it??

(*note-I've talked with wHIPdON already - so he does not need to reply here.)

I already know about the Fuel Pump issue, the Water Pump issue, the fuel venting issue...

What else do I need to know..?

Times a wastin'.... lurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

Firefight911
What else do I need to know..?

Times a wastin'.... lurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

I'll be pissed if you get one before me!!!! What else is there to know????? Oh, the radiators really work as heaters for your hands in 33 degree blizzard conditions!! Shown below:

203962228-L.jpg

I smell Orange Kool-Aid!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Darn you Whip and Huzband!!!!!!

On a serious note, GET IT!!!!!! I haven't had the kind of dun I had on Whip's KTM in a very, very long time!!!!! thumbsup.gif

Great bike. I've ridden three different ones.

One other thing to consider is limited tire choices.

For a few extra dollars you can get the 19 and 17 set up like the GS and then have all the tire options you want.

The bike handles a little better on the street and the speedo can be changed to match 17, 19, or 21 inch front wheel.

I road to Torrey on the 19 and 17 with Anakees, hooned a little then switched out the rims to 21 and 18 for the Cathedral Valley tour. More fun than a human should allow to have.

Switched back for the ride home.

thumbsup.gif

I used to work at a KTM dealer and I have three things to say:

1. The 950 is an awesome bike to ride. For long distances on dirt and desert, I would take one hands down over anything.

2. Find a good part source online and be prepared to have to wait for things; it's not the dealers fault, it's the mess at KTMUSA HQ in Ohio That said, KTM is definitely spending the time and money to improve the parts situation. KTMs come from a little factory and a little company, much different from BMW.

3. Ask anyone if they have ever seen a high mileage KTM. While 50k+ miles is break in mileage on BMWs, it's unusual on a KTOOM. Depending on what you are going to do with the bike and how long you plan to keep it, it might not be a factor. BMW bikes are built like BMW cars, and KTMs are built more like Porsches.

russell_bynum

Fantastic bike. I rode big-t's, and Whip's....definitely a fantastic bike.

That motor will make your sticker peck up.

Firefight911

Between this and the handcuffs . . . is there anything you'd care to share????? tongue.gif

russell_bynum

Between this and the handcuffs . . . is there anything you'd care to share????? tongue.gif

You'd be amazed at what I can do with a torque wrench, a can of chain lube, and a Twinmax. blush.gif

I used to work at a KTM dealer and I have three things to say:

1. The 950 is an awesome bike to ride. For long distances on dirt and desert, I would take one hands down over anything.

2. Find a good part source online and be prepared to have to wait for things; it's not the dealers fault, it's the mess at KTMUSA HQ in Ohio That said, KTM is definitely spending the time and money to improve the parts situation. KTMs come from a little factory and a little company, much different from BMW.

3. Ask anyone if they have ever seen a high mileage KTM. While 50k+ miles is break in mileage on BMWs, it's unusual on a KTOOM. Depending on what you are going to do with the bike and how long you plan to keep it, it might not be a factor. BMW bikes are built like BMW cars, and KTMs are built more like Porsches.

Not to pick nits, but the big Katoom has only been out for 4 years......soooooooooo not a lot of high mileage bikes would make sense.

I have put over 20K on mine since Spring Torrey....no issues, no problems...... can't wait to ride it home from work in a few minutes. You ever done a wheely in an enclosed parking lot before....nothing like lookin at the concrete rafters wondering if your head is gonna get knocked off.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Whip

Firefight911
Can't wait to ride it home from work in a few minutes.

You "work"? I learn something new every day. tongue.gif

You sure you're not confused with Killer?? eek.gifeek.gif

Can't wait to ride it home from work in a few minutes.

Okay just leave out the work part......

"Can't wait to ride it home in a few minutes"

BETTER???????????????????

grin.gif

I've seen the man's office AND I've seen him give orders to employees. What more is there to being "management?" tongue.gif
Dennis Andress
You ever done a wheely in an enclosed parking lot before..

I will neither confirm nor deny that.

grin.gif

With or without traffic?

russell_bynum
You ever done a wheely in an enclosed parking lot before..

I will neither confirm nor deny that.

grin.gif

With or without traffic?

Yes.

thumbsup.gif

I haven't been able to wipe the grin off my face since getting mine.

Day before yesterday, we got 10+ inches of rain in less than 24 hrs. I still rode to work. The best part was coming home, in a torrential down pour, & passing all the cars that could only creep through water that was litteraly up to my skid plate. thumbsup.gif

Man up, bONE, & just get one.

Bonus points if you pull the trigger before Phil. grin.gif

NOOOOOO!

Don't buy one of those....

You spend all your time answering riders questions...

What the H#ll is that.... tongue.gif

They won't hardly jump a little log.grin.gif

204448230-L.jpg

You spend all your extra time washing the mud off..

204448223-L.jpg

You won't have a final drive to worry about,so you'll have to spend that time wiping the grin off your facegrin.gif

Noooooo,Noooo,don't buy one of those.... lmao.gif

russell_bynum
...so is this a stablemate for the Sprint? Or a replacement?

sELL the KLR and do this KTM thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

That's not even a tough decision. If you've got the fundage to make it happen, do it. (Note: I like the KLR...but compared to the KTM...no contest.)

Firefight911
(Note: I like the KLR...but compared to the KTM...no contest.)

Yea, but then how is he gonna bunny hop?????? lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

russell_bynum
(Note: I like the KLR...but compared to the KTM...no contest.)

Yea, but then how is he gonna bunny hop?????? lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

grin.gif

That has to be one of the funniest damn things I've ever seen anyone do on a motorcycle.

lmao.gif

Can only echo "go for it". Rented one in Chile back in June while there on business. Decided to see what the KTM ADV is all about. Now I know. Bike took me high into the lonely Andes and down to lonely Pacific beaches. Overdelivered in all conditions.. highways, curves, far off road. Great engine. Great v-twin pizazz. Sold the BMW bought the 990ADV. Now after four months... no regrets at all.

990advjuniper.jpg

What they said, most fun you can have on two wheels, hard to wipe the grin off your face, compared to a KLR it's from outer space, etc.

No issues here but not that many miles either. Did I say it was fun?

grin.gif

wOWzEE..I mention one little ditty about moving into the KTooom..and everybody's coming outta the woodwork to tell me what a grand scoot it is...

Y O U

A R E

N O T

M A K I N G

T H I S

E A S Y

wELL...stay posted...I'll let cha know what happens... lurker.giflurker.gif

Another closet Advrider exposes himself.
Well, people don't bug me as much when I'm in a closet. Besides, I thought no one was looking.

Now quit being a peeping Tom (Danny?) and go back into your own closet.

Somewhat on topic, I didn't ride Whip's bike, but Whip's isn't exactly the ideal benchmark for people to pass judgments on KTM's as it's not exactly a "stock" 950. Whip's bike is more of what a 950 can grow up to be someday.

Oh good, our own version of the KTM wheelie thread.

You referring to this one ?

Another closet Advrider exposes himself. tongue.gifblush.giflmao.gif

I would just like to point out, as a public service, that wheelies are illegal and could end up hurting the bike and/or the rider.

I would just like to point out, as a public service, that wheelies are illegal and could end up hurting the bike and/or the rider.
Ironically, I only see one illegal wheelie on this page...
russell_bynum

And the worst part of it is....they can be really fun.

Oh, the horror of it all.

Good eye, Matt. grin.gif

Good eye, Matt. grin.gif

wave.gif

tongue.gif

skinny_tom (aka boney)

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO...NOT... LOOK AT THAT LINK! ooo.gif

Firefight911
Danny,

I would've thought you'd use something like this to irk Phil...

KTMandGS.jpg

Look one more illegal one!

Shut up or I'm seeling my gsa to . . .

YOU!!!!!

Shut up or I'm seeling my gsa to . . .
Do you use seelant for that?

Or more like this:

sealgs.jpg

What the???

I thought you were on my side.

Oohh,, I can't wait to meet you .

What the???

I thought you were on my side.

Oohh,, I can't wait to meet you .

Yes, well, I suppose I'm frustrated by the Gators suddenly being behind.

(Man, you mock one's spelling/typing and the other one is suddenly offended... go figure.)

Of these Gators, we'll speak no more....

Phil, you better be careful before both me and hANNABONE buy KTMs before you do!

Of these Gators, we'll speak no more....

Phil, you better be careful before both me and hANNABONE buy KTMs before you do!

tHAT iS a REEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLL possiblity.! clap.gifthumbsup.gif

Archived