IGNORED

Echo in autocom?

daveinatlanta

daveinatlanta

Actually the topic is a misnomer. It is a distant-end echo. The echo occurs when somebody CALLS my cellphone when it is plugged into the autocom. I don't hear any echo but the caller does! I've tried every thing I can think of to no avail.

The cellphone is a Treo and it is plugged into the autocom's Aux 1 lead for a cellphone. When the call comes in, I can hear fine and the caller can hear me - but the caller hears an echo of whatever they're saying. The same thing happens if I initiate the call - the person I'm calling has the same echo. Everything on my end is fine.

This distant-end echo happens even if the AutoCom has powered off! I don't have the echo when the cellphone is unplugged from the autocom though.

The Autocom is bike powered and the cellphone is powered from its' own battery.

Paging Fernando???? Fernando... Fernando .... (echo -- echo)

confused.gif

You have an echo on the other person's end when the cell is plugged in to the Autocom, and the Autocom is powered up. IIUYC, you also have this same echo when the cell is plugged in to the Autocom, but the Autocom has powered down. Then when you unplug the cell from the Autocom, the echo goes away.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the cable you are using for your Treo is not the correct cable. The Treo possibly has a 4-contact internal plug and you may be using a 3-contact pin. Something is making contact that shouldn't, and creating a feedback look on the other end.

Give Autocom USA a call at 888-851-4327 and ask to speak to the tech. He may be able to provide more specific suggestions and a remedy (assuming there is a cable for the Treo).

daveinatlanta
You have an echo on the other person's end when the cell is plugged in to the Autocom, and the Autocom is powered up. IIUYC, you also have this same echo when the cell is plugged in to the Autocom, but the Autocom has powered down. Then when you unplug the cell from the Autocom, the echo goes away.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the cable you are using for your Treo is not the correct cable. The Treo possibly has a 4-contact internal plug and you may be using a 3-contact pin.

You understand the problem correctly and I think you also hit upon the solution - a 4 contact plug! I think the treo is capable of MP3 playback into a stereo headset, although I've never used it that way. With stereo output and a mic input, that implies 4 contacts in the Treo! My AutoCom cable only has three. I never thought of that!

Thx much - AutoCom expert!

wave.gif

Autocom does make a specific cable for mp3/phone combos. It's not in the base kit frown.gif.

Since my work issued me a cell phone, I opted to just use the treo as a player (through aux2, using a treo<->headphone adapter) when on the autocom. Then use the work phone as the cell phone in aux1.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the cable you are using for your Treo is not the correct cable. The Treo possibly has a 4-contact internal plug and you may be using a 3-contact pin.

You understand the problem correctly and I think you also hit upon the solution - a 4 contact plug! I think the treo is capable of MP3 playback into a stereo headset, although I've never used it that way. With stereo output and a mic input, that implies 4 contacts in the Treo! My AutoCom cable only has three. I never thought of that!

Thx much - AutoCom expert!

wave.gif

Dang, I gotta start getting paid for this stuff. clap.gif

Naw. That would take all the fun out of it.

Glad I could help. thumbsup.gif

Archived