IGNORED

"bmweerman's" R1100RT reconstruction party in Bakersfield, CA. October 12-14!

KMG_365

"Paging Dr. Frankenstein! Dr Frankenstein, please report "stat" to Operating Suite #2 in Bakersfield, CA by Saturday morning October 13th, 2007 for Emergency Reconstructive Surgery!" blush.gifgrin.gif

Well you all might already be aware of Cameron's little . . . mishap awhile back in May of this year . . . but in case you missed it, Cameron (aka "bmweerman") had a get-off on his 1999 R1100RT in New Mexico last May and wadded himself and his bike up pretty good. If you're wanting to follow the entire story, his wife, Patti was gracious enough to keep us all informed about his progress, but you'll have to follow each of the threads she started by searching through his posts (here).

It looks like we've got a date set to gather some of the nearest and greatest minds ( lmao.gif ) to see if we can either breathe life into this "creature" or help him to pull the trigger and put the poor suffering beast out of its misery and let them both move on! eek.gifgrin.gif

So here's the deal: I've talked with Cameron and he's available after Friday afternoon, October, 12th and through Sunday the 14th. He's already got quite a few replacements for the obviously damaged parts on hand (courtesy of Mike "mfigielski" of the FABULOUS "Beemer Boneyard"! clap.gif ) and we need to see if we can figure out where he is on the continuum of "diminishing returns" and either get him and his bike to a point where he can finish getting it back on the road himself or help him move through his grief, cut the cord and move on. bncry.gif

It looks like there's limited interest in Phil's Tech Daze and he's willing to join us in Bakersfield. Post your availability and/or interest here (and I suppose the unavoidable smart-assed comments, etc. tongue.gifgrin.gif ). I'll let Cameron fill in any other pertinent details as it'll be his party. PM him for address and other specifics. smile.gif

So, who's "IN!!"?? cool.gif

I think I'm in, but need to check with the Boss....... both of them since I've been in Peru for the last 10 days (just got back today) and have no idea of what they may have planned for me.

Is someone providing a barf bucket? I'm not too sure I'll be able to keep breakfast down once I see the reconstruction....... smile.gif

Edited to add the following:

I'll ride the '96 R1100RT, while not exactly the same model, it's pretty similar.

Stan

Of course it has to be the weekend of mogfest

So needless to say I will be unable to attend tongue.gif

Bummer too since I initially brought up the fix gathing idea way back to help Cam get the thing snapped back together.

You kids get that thing back on the road and have fun! clap.gifwave.gif

Sadly, I'm OUT for next weekend. But I'll be anxiously listening to hear the screams of "It's ALIVE!!!!!!"

You guys watch out for Frau Blücher! I suspect there may be horses in the vicinity.

Camping that weekend so I'm out sorry. If there's any future dates to continue putting it back together I'm in schedule permitting.

I'm sorry I can't make it. A friend of mine pulled some strings to get my wife and I tickets to the USC UofA game that day at the coliseum. I know UofA will probably get killed, but my daughter goes there and we wanted to show the support. Why is everything coming up on the 13th? bncry.gif

AdventurePoser

Hi,

You realize that October 13 is Crazy Canucks ride for Basque Food... thumbsup.gif Check Ride Planning for more information.

Why don't you guys roll these events together, so both fun events are not an either/or situation.... thumbsup.gif

Steve in So Cal

2 Things first of all...thanks everybody

Second...have all the mirrors I need, but could use that windshield.

I am just going to take a wild guess that now one reading this is a serial killer...soooo

My house is located at

35.17.200 N

119.03.352W

in the space time continuum. (sp?)

PM me for phone #

Thanks again.

Cameron

I think I'm in, but need to check with the Boss....... both of them since I've been in Peru for the last 10 days (just got back today) and have no idea of what they may have planned for me.

Is someone providing a barf bucket? I'm not too sure I'll be able to keep breakfast down once I see the reconstruction....... smile.gif

Edited to add the following:

I'll ride the '96 R1100RT, while not exactly the same model, it's pretty similar.

Stan

I just thought it went without saying that barf buckets would be provided for all...do I have to spell out everything...geeezzzz grin.giflmao.gif

Hope the boss lets you come Stan!

Take Care

Cameron

what kind of screen do you need?

I think I've got a stock r1100rt screen in a box in the garage I'd be willing to let go for a very fair price, like lunch at a Basque restaurant for me and my riding partner...

Okay, I just got my Sunday shift filled so I'll see you Friday late afternoon! clap.gif

I'll bring a sleeping pad and bag and just need a corner of the stable to bed down.

We'll see if we can get this thing to dance again! smile.gif

what kind of screen do you need?

I think I've got a stock r1100rt screen in a box in the garage I'd be willing to let go for a very fair price, like lunch at a Basque restaurant for me and my riding partner...

I think I can do that! thumbsup.gifgrin.gif

So what time is breakfast on Saturday..........??????

Also, what tools do you need?

I'll bring manuals, and Jan's '96 RT to look at (it is NOT a parts bike!!!).

Stan

Jamie, Given the fact we all followed this adventure through the hospital stay (and are very glad bmweerman is back to riding again) will you be installing a sleep switch on this rebuild?

How about an alarm that goes off every minute........

smile.gif

Stan

I guess just come up whenever you want...I know Jamie is coming up tonight so we can get an early start. My super awesome wife has everything in place to make everyone comfortable sooo....We are going to be here in the Ghetto Garage whenever you show up....

bmweerman (I need a sleep switch) Weckerley

Well I was planning on coming to your great city on saturday so I'm gonna stop by, some time in the morning.

Any of ya coming thru Lancaster on yer way thru saturday morn lemme know,would like to hook up with ya!

See ya'll there!

wave.gif

I am sadly, unable to make it due to previous work related commitments.

I will wave as I fly overhead. wave.gif

San Francisco Fire is getting into the flying business!?!? eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif Cool!!

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I'll be out on the Nevada Test Site (area 51? please please?) doing a Homeland Security sponsored Radiological Awareness for Haz-Mat Technicians class.

Oh, and so I'm flying to Vegas Saturday.

• 4 months later...

Reconstruction Update...

Some of you saw the Frankenbeemer at the DVD party in Bakersfield. I was going to try to ride out for the day but that was not to be.

Since then there was another, and HOPEFULLY, final round of health issues. That and lack of funding have caused the Frankenbeemers progess to be painfully slow.

However, thanks to Beemer Boneyard

she did get a new tailight and glove box.

(Stan, I also painted her, badly, but at least maybe you can avoid the barf bucket. I doubt it though. Oh, and I also still have you fuel line clamps. I can't find your address so if you PM me I will return them ASAP)

259316884_6ea3K-M.jpg

259319226_RQfsf-M.jpg

Oh, and on the health front. It has become obvious that we can no longer live in "The Valley" (San Joaquin) because of the air. I have resigned my position at court schools at at the end of June we are going to trailer a couple of bikes behind the crappy little car we bought to replace the truck the bank took and head for Albuquerque, NM. Where, by that time we hope to have employment and a residence.

Guess that is enough for now.

More soon.

bmweerman

and I also still have you fuel line clamps. I can't find your address so if you PM me I will return them ASAP)

Forget about it, it would cost as much to ship them as to buy them.

Grey is nice.

Stan

Archived