IGNORED

Dick Mann Coming Along

Rinkydink

Oh, heck! I saw the subject line and thought you had Dick Mann coming along with you to one of our events!

Nice bike, though!

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

I was fortunate enough to actually see Dick Mann riding, nearing retirement, at the same time that Brad Lackey was starting. I was working the ambulance at the track outside of Livermore back in the day. Dick and Brad were both pretty neat people to meet, although at first I thought Brad was a girl due to his longish hair hanging out of the helmet. grin.gif

I attended bike week 2 years ago and we heard of a swap meet at some small college nearby, the name escapes me today. Matter of fact we passed the Deltran battery tender company on the ride to it. They had the most incredible collection of (non concours) motorcycles for sale. BMW, Rickman, Penton, Triumph, Bultaco, Hodaka, BSA, Honda S90s, CB160s etc etc. I'm strolling along and nearly collide head on with this older man and it is Bugsy himself. Dumba** me had left my camera back at the track. We talked DMRs for 20 minutes or so and he answered every question I had concerning parts availability and restoration. A very very sincere gentleman. His eyes lit up just like a kid in a candy store talking about his replicas. He was looking extremely frail and tired looking though.

Godspeed to one of the absolutely greatest "all around" motorcycle racers IMHO that will ever grace this planet.

...Godspeed to one of the absolutely greatest "all around" motorcycle racers IMHO that will ever grace this planet.

Did Dick pass away when I wasn't looking?

Not that I'm aware of. After I posted that I thought that might get some people thinking the worst had occurred. Sorry about that.

Archived