IGNORED

Magellan Crossover

yechave

We got this for our car, never expecting to even own a bike. Now that we have the bike, I found it impossible to see the display, except in shade or when the sun has pretty much gone down. It is mounted on a crossbar between the grips, and changing the mounting angle has not made much difference. I am not able to hear the voice commands, except at stops. Thought I would use an ear piece, maybe keep the unit in my pocket, but I can barely hear it at all with the earbuds, and I have tried every different kind I had around the house.

I also thought of using an external powered speaker, but there are none small enough to be reasonable to mount. This is really great for $300. Just wondered if anyone had any tips, and has used this. Thanks!

I've been trying to solve this headphone issue for almost three weeks. Hours on the phone with CS from India, tech support to the people that offer US warranty, and nothing. I have tried about 6 different types of I-pod earbuds, and the sound was barely audible, in the house. I found a full size set of old Aiwa's laying around today, and they work great. Wondered if anyone could explain why the full size headphones work, and not earbuds? Thanks!

Archived