IGNORED

Touratech Shift Lever Extender

Jon_M

This question got buried in another thread; let me try again:

Has anyone tried the Touratech shift lever extender? It seems to offer a lot more adjustment options than the one from Suburban Machinery.

See it here: Shifter

(Look at the instructions pdf to see how it goes on.)

Yes, see mine in combo with Suburban lowered peg. Also note folding shifter peg. It works well for me...

Thanks. I also have the SM peg lowering kit, but the Touratech solution for the shift lever looks like it offers more flexibility, and it costs a lot less as well.

Here's another pic. I adjusted the brake pedal centerline (using BMW threaded rod and a longer overtravel "stop" screw) to match same point on the Touratech shifter peg centerline.

Jeff

272822688.jpg

I just called the company. You are correct, they do not have a lever extender, but they did refer me to Wunderlich, which has a push on, larger shift pedal, and steel crash bars (which I have not seen anywhere else) and a lot of other great stuff for the R1100RT.

I did ask why you just wouldn't move the shift lever on the spline on the 1200, and the guy said he didn't know, and either do I.

Looks like a superb product upgrade to me.

I did ask why you just wouldn't move the shift lever on the spline on the 1200, and the guy said he didn't know, and either do I.
I moved the stock shift lever on the splined shaft and got a good adjusment for up-shifting, but as others have reported, you have to lift your foot off the footpeg to engage the shift lever for down-shifting. I like to be able to snick the shifter up and down without having to reposition my whole foot. It's imprecise and throws off the coordination.

Archived