IGNORED

Long thread with random notes and thoughts

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I've been jotting this stuff down as I've read through the various other planning forums and have solicited comments from various people. I wanted to get this out in the open so all y'all could start dreaming up the answers. In no particular order:

KISS Principal: Keep It Stupid Simple

Contact info for committee members

People needed: Registration, meals, lodging, ride routes, tee-shirts,

Name tags

Engraved vs paper and a marker?

Registration

Petty Cash or only pre-registered? (making change a problem in past years)

Tee-shirts

Short or long sleeves?

Pre-ordered only…any extras will be sold after the event.

Dinners: - Ask Hannabone to say a few words

One or two evenings?

Catered BBQ?

Meal tickets with backup list

Overall price

Under $50

Coffee at registration?

Inform local city council that we’re coming?

Campfires?

“Official” photographer

Vendor policy: NO VENDORS

Rides - Everyone should be discouraged from riding alone. Half and full day rides:

Road:

Mt Rainier – park entrance fees?

Mt St Helens – park entrance fees?

East approach

West approach

South to Carson

Goldendale

Bickleton

Off-road:

Naches Pass

Trollhaugen routes

Suntop lookout station

GPS

Check-in/outs for rides? (let people police themselves?)

Ride leaders

Road

GS

Knobbies only

Non-riding activites?

First Aid supplies

Ask any medical professional to come with a kit.

Liability waivers?

Invite Cary Littlel to attend?

Notes:

combine Shirts, Sticker, Name Tag, Ride Checkout Cards, Waiver in one package fore each attendee. Get in line, pick up pkg., sign form, give money and move to the socializing area just past the table…

I thought the long rides weren't maybe realistic given how much people wanted to hang around and socialize. It seems like 250 miles would be the top end.

(from Doc re: Cody) I have a friend on Vashon Is. who is a superb cartoonist. If you come up with a design idea I might be able to coax him to do a drawing.

Put meal days/times on the meal tickets.

Possibility of SeanC for tee shirt design?

KISS Principal: Keep It Stupid Simple Great idea--can you do it? smile.gif

Contact info for committee members Make it a separate thread here so that it's all in one place

People needed: Registration, meals, lodging, ride routes, tee-shirts,

Name tags

Engraved vs paper and a marker Computer printed in a plastic sleeve with pin,w/ name, handle, home location

Registration

Petty Cash or only pre-registered? (making change a problem in past years) pre-reg--Paypal preferred, check/m.o, OK

Tee-shirts

Short or long sleeves? SS cheaper--women's style was a plus this year

Pre-ordered only…any extras will be sold after the event. you'll need a few extras for "ride ins"

Dinners: - Ask Hannabone to say a few words maybe but not all are religious or appreciate prayer

One or two evenings? pizza one night--catered BBQ as "the group meal" --on their own other times

Catered BBQ?

Meal tickets with backup list caterer should figure in some extras--they usually do

Overall price

Under $50 definitely!!

Coffee at registration? nice thought--possible continental b-fast AM of Registration?

Inform local city council that we’re coming? I suspect they'll know smile.gif

Campfires? allowed??--will there be picnic tables on site?

“Official” photographer You'll get plenty of pics. Russell Tammany did a group pic at last one

Vendor policy: NO VENDORS Right!

Rides - Everyone should be discouraged from riding alone. Half and full day rides: Some will ride alone--trying to discourage them will just tick them off--they should be strongly encouraged to tell someone their route and take contact info

Road:

Mt Rainier – park entrance fees?

Mt St Helens – park entrance fees?

East approach

West approach

South to Carson

Goldendale

Bickleton

Off-road:

Naches Pass

Trollhaugen routes

Suntop lookout station

GPS

Check-in/outs for rides? (let people police themselves?) people will police themselves and take care of each other

Ride leaders Just provide ride routes and let them form up on their own-- Identify ride distances and in the case of off road stuff, difficulty, i.e. Knobbies Only

Road

GS

Knobbies only

Non-riding activites? [make up some sheets of what's around or get from local Chamber[/b]

First Aid supplies

Ask any medical professional to come with a kit. Sure, why not? Most will bring one anyway

Liability waivers?unnecessary and often unappreciated

Invite Cary Littlel to attend?Absolutely!

Notes:

combine Shirts, Sticker, Name Tag, Ride Checkout Cards, Waiver in one package fore each attendee. Get in line, pick up pkg., sign form, give money and move to the socializing area just past the table…

I thought the long rides weren't maybe realistic given how much people wanted to hang around and socialize. It seems like 250 miles would be the top end.

(from Doc re: Cody) I have a friend on Vashon Is. who is a superb cartoonist. If you come up with a design idea I might be able to coax him to do a drawing.

Put meal days/times on the meal tickets. Good idea

Possibility of Seanc for tee shirt design? TonyK did last one and that's also his business--you could supply artwork or give a theme

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
It's really just my two pennies worth based on past events. wave.gif

Actually all of my notes, okay, 90% of them anyway, were culled from the past UnRally planning threads. Thanks for your input. smile.gif

Here are some observations, having been to JD a bunch.

There are few picnic tables. In fact, I can only remember one or two. At Chief Joseph meals are mostly in the main hall where they have trestle tables and chairs set up. I don't know if that has to be pre-arranged or what.

Campfires are NOT allowed.

The camping area near the river is particularly nice, with afternoon shade.

There are two shower areas at opposite ends of the grounds. Not very close to the river camping area, though.

There's one large, cement-floored building with kitchen facilities. The other large building is pretty much for agricultural-related stuff....the other kind of horsepower.

I'll be happy to help out with ride planning. There are some dandy rides out of there; some all-day, some half-day.

I can't emphasize enough how much the town welcomes the CJ Rally. The place really is small and hospitable. Not more than a ten-minute walk to nearly anywhere.

That's all I can think of just now. Mind's gone numb...

• 1 month later...
Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Got this email from Doc, who has been talking to the Oregon BMW club:

Hello

My name is Jay Bennett, currently the VP of BMWRO.

Your rally idea obviously seems like a good one to us, as we keep going back. Let us know how we can help. We'd like to add a link to your Rally to our schedule and website when it's up. Let me know if you need something

specific from us.

JB

I'm going to ask them about GS routes in the spring.

• 5 months later...
Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Couple of points of business. Whip has decided to step down. He has some new business ventures that are taking all of his time - doesn't even think he'll come to the Un itself.

Bummer.

We are taking on a new fellow, Bruce H lives on the Oregon coast but intimately knows the JD area. Welcome Bruce!

Firefight911

G'day Bruce. . . . (too easy for Monty Python to sneak in here!!!!0

Welcome.

Bummer to lose Larry. :cry:

Archived