IGNORED

UnDates...let the People decide!

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

UnDates  

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Us UnCommittee members are split in terms of the exact dates. The difference is only one day, but I wanted to let the UnAttendees cast the deciding vote.

I won't tell you where it is yet, other than to say that it is 900-1200 miles from Gilette, Wyoming.

Early next week I'll announce the popular date, picked by you!

Please choose only one & the results will not be available until next Monday:

lurker.gif

Early next week I'll announce the popular date, picked by you!

Please choose only one & the results will not be available until next Monday:

You're killing us here! Oh the pain, choosing between Monday and Tuesday. (Does it really matter????)

tongue.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
choosing between Monday and Tuesday. (Does it really matter????)

It does, actually. Think of it more from a standpoint of ending on a Friday or Saturday. Significant if people want to also attend the MOA rally the following week.

Steve, A thank you to you and your crew! I have the big OK from Judy to go to the UN this year. So, now I need to find that 08 work calender. So I can take all the time off. grin.gif Looks like I get to ride out somewhere to the P.N.W., then back home for the M.O.A. here in Gillette,WY thumbsup.gifclap.gifwave.giflurker.gif

Just so I am clear, the MOA rally is July 17 - 20, so basically a week later. How does ending on Friday vrs Saturday affect the MOA rally??

Just some more information, July 4, 2008 will be a Friday, so probably a Holiday for most of all us.

So for those NOT going to MOA, and coming from the East, I think ending on Thursday makes more sense.

Am I missing something in my logic????

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Just so I am clear, the MOA rally is July 17 - 20, so basically a week later. How does ending on Friday vrs Saturday affect the MOA rally??

Just some more information, July 4, 2008 will be a Friday, so probably a Holiday for most of all us.

So for those NOT going to MOA, and coming from the East, I think ending on Thursday makes more sense.

Am I missing something in my logic????

The ending time for us affect your travel time to get to the MOA. Meaning, if people depart on a Saturday, then they have 3-4 days to get to Wyoming. If people depart on a Friday you get 4-5 days. The East coast folks can always change their dates to suit their individual schedules, but of course we want everyone to ride with their UnFriends.

My other thought is that if things end too early, then people who are also taking in MOA will not attend the Un.

It's rather complicated.

I won't tell you where it is yet, other than to say that it is 900-1200 miles from Gilette, Wyoming.

Is that road miles or "as the crow flies" ? tongue.gif

Thats about as vague as you can tongue.gif. I'm assuming you are talking actual road miles and not overhead map miles because 900 miles from Gilette would put you either pretty far up into Canada, or swimming in the Pacific Ocean.

If it is 900-1200 actual road miles......well then....that narrows it down. Lets see.....mapquest said this years UNrally was 381 miles from my home, but somehow I ended up with 2500 miles put on my odometer. Using that ratio......carry the one......hmmm....Juneau???

Bahhhh! My method is flawed. Come on.......the suspense is killing me. lmao.gif

Firefight911

As the Weiner RT rides!! tongue.giflmao.gifgrin.gif

ok, sorry one more question, I thought the unrally was generally only 3 days, officially Tues - Thurs in the past? But I see the 2008 rally will be 4 days?? is that correct?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
ok, sorry one more question, I thought the unrally was generally only 3 days, officially Tues - Thurs in the past? But I see the 2008 rally will be 4 days?? is that correct?
Again, still tbd, but probably will be 4 days. I'm trying to encourage 3 days of active participation and people leaving on the 4th. So to use the 9-12 as an example, arrive on the 8th, ride 9-11, depart 12th. thumbsup.gif
Again, still tbd, but probably will be 4 days. I'm trying to encourage 3 days of active participation and people leaving on the 4th. So to use the 9-12 as an example, arrive on the 8th, ride 9-11, depart 12th. thumbsup.gif

I vote 8-10. That gives us east coasters (at least in my case) from July 3rd till the 7th to get there.......ride 2-3 days, and then beat feet and get home again in time to be back to work on Monday July 14th. I know it sounds like a stretch, but that is the only way I think I would be able to pull it off. I'm sensing long hours of highway travel in my future.......lets hear it for satellite radio and radar detectors clap.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Cmon Steve, more hints on the location...

Oregon 0r Washington State?

Uh no. Sorry, so sad, you lose.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

If I can make it, it's likely that Imma comming and setting up for a few days on either side. Provided that it's not "gonna kill you hot" like the MOA rally in Spokanne. Uhg.

Lets_Play_Two

I just want to know how far it is from Palm Beach County Florida!!!! Can I make it in two days!! grin.gif

PS And will Phil really be there?

ok Steve thanks, then I will vote 8-11, I still think keeping the front date closer better utilizes the 4th of July.

Finally it may only affect me, but I believe this week is the JR Volleyball National Championship playoffs. So if you officiate, coach or have a daughter playing USA JR national volleyball this will overlap. I was scheduled to officiate, but will take my name off the list. Much rather attend the un-rally.

clap.gif

Provided that it's not "gonna kill you hot" like the MOA rally in Spokanne. Uhg.
Agreed, it seems to me that when we have the opportunity to have the UN in a cooler location (i.e. The Coast) we should do that.
Provided that it's not "gonna kill you hot" like the MOA rally in Spokanne. Uhg.
Agreed, it seems to me that when we have the opportunity to have the UN in a cooler location (i.e. The Coast) we should do that.

+1 & 2 bncry.gif(those aren't tears it's sweat)

Well, I think there should have been an "it doesn't matter to me" option. I voted, but honestly, it doesn't make much difference to me.

And my vote is indeed for cooler climate. It was soooo nice being on the Oregon coast this summer and waking up to 40-50° temps when I knew it was gonna get into the triple digits back home.

An UN that requires Gerbings in July? IN!!!

I voted for the 8th because it's one less day to wait.........
You funny guy, but logic is sound. 8th for me too. Maybe I can make this one. Cooler climes is good stuff, yes!? thumbsup.gifclap.gif

July is also a prime month when RV migrations hit the coast, not that I'm saying the rally may not be in the area eek.gif I love playing with peoples minds grin.gif Note to self: shut up tongue.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
RV migrations hit the coast, not that I'm saying the rally may not be in the area eek.gif

Roche Harbor is on a coast! lmao.gif

RV migrations hit the coast, not that I'm saying the rally may not be in the area eek.gif

Roche Harbor is on a coast! lmao.gif

Well it is on the water. lmao.gif

While I won't be able to attend either of those two dates, Nancy and I are looking forward to hosting another Pied Piper stop at our house. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Okay, I am ready for round 2, got my ride back today from the dealer. New FD, $1800 warranty, WOW! Rides like a new one, been down nearly 3 weeks.

Rode the wheels off today, WOW, I love this bike. Been looking at KLR650, Buell Ugy, GS, . . etc. Forget all of that, happy now! clap.gif

Okay, I am ready for round 2, got my ride back today from the dealer. New FD, $1800 warranty, WOW! Rides like a new one, been down nearly 3 weeks.

Rode the wheels off today, WOW, I love this bike. Been looking at KLR650, Buell Ugy, GS, . . etc. Forget all of that, happy now! clap.gif

I still can't help but desperately want a KLR650........its not that I like it that much, its just that it takes so long to find dirt around here that it is not worth buying a designated dirt bike.

I was bad this evening......I spent most of it scouring craigslist, ebay, and local classifieds when I should have been in the garage changing the rear tire on my RT. I can justify buying another bike instead of changing a tire........right?? grin.gif

That being said, anytime, anyplace, I'll be there.

Thanks for all the work!

I'm with you Tom, these guys and gals are tops to ride with in my book, best unplanning I ever encountered!

That is a long time off for me to plan anything, and no telling what bike I will be on by then, but Jean & I plan on being there for sure!

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
9-12 July tuesday gives me more time to get there
The dates are set in stone. 55% of the respondents to the poll wanted it the 8th - 11th. Even if the UnCommittee voted to have it the 9th-12th (80% of us did...) the majority carries the day. Since I said to let the people decide the date it would be ethically questionable to not go with the popular choice.

You'll just have to ride faster... grin.gif

Archived