IGNORED

"Brake failure"

tone1298

I was gearing up for a ride last weekend and when I went to move the bike I turned the key on and pushed her into the driveway and notice that I only had manual braking power. I started her up and went up and down the street a few times (over 20mph) but still nothing. Finally I pulled back into my house, shut it down, then restarted and all of a sudden everything was working properly. I rode 300 miles over the weekend with no more problems... Any thoughts?

I was gearing up for a ride last weekend and when I went to move the bike I turned the key on and pushed her into the driveway and notice that I only had manual braking power. I started her up and went up and down the street a few times (over 20mph) but still nothing. Finally I pulled back into my house, shut it down, then restarted and all of a sudden everything was working properly. I rode 300 miles over the weekend with no more problems... Any thoughts?

Tone, possibly a sticking brake light switch or you held the brakes on during the start & ride off..

See if it happens again & if not probably just a fluke.. Maybe check for sticking brake switches..

If you can remember what the brake warning light(s) flashing frequency was & what lights were doing what could also help to figure out what was happening..

If you really are worried about it take a cruise by your local BMW dealer & have them put their machine on the brake diagnostic connector as it might have a stored failure code in the ABS controller..

Twisty

Thanks for the response Twisty. The problem has not happened again yet, and other than the "Brake Failure" light rapidly blinking and MAYBE (can't remember for sure) the "Neutral" light was not on (eventhough I was in neutral), I did not see anything abnormal

Archived