IGNORED

Where is it?

John in NC

I'm checking out the 2007 RT in the showroom and can't find the charcoal cannister. Where is it? Also, by accident, I picked up a 2007 oil filter and saw that BMW has made it a squatty little thing. Has anyone found a substitute for this?

I'm checking out the 2007 RT in the showroom and can't find the charcoal cannister. Where is it?

Charcoal canister is located toward the front of the bike; behind the right front faring.

John

You can use the same oil filter for the 1150/1100/K bike as the new squatty one on the 1200 series. It extends about 1/4" below the engine. No big deal. I am on my second filter like this and no problems whatsoever.

That 1200Rt is a great bike. I sure like mine. Oil filters? Wal-Mart sell the Super Tech ST3614 which is longer and cost $2.17! It is longer and there is wrench there as well for it. The micron is higher then BMW requires too. Good luck.

GT thumbsup.gif

I change the filter and oil every 6K miles which is the BMW service interval. If you like to change your oil every 3K miles as some people do you still change the filter every 6K miles. In addition, there is a lot of brands of filters that will fit the bike and coincidentally they are all the same size in terms of length and width. Could be a conspiracy between the manufacturers. Kidding of course.

Archived