IGNORED

getting cold out now

stubblejumper

stubblejumper

It was five degrees celcius below freezing last night(23 degrees F) where I live.I took the ST for a ride this afternoon,but it will soon be put away for the winter.Nothing worse than having a new bike,and having so little time to ride it before winter.Can't wait until spring.

p_interceptor

What a sad story, you need to move to Florida, at least half of Canada in here already.

Ride year round, Low today where I am 70 High 86.

It was five degrees celcius below freezing last night(23 degrees F) where I live.I took the ST for a ride this afternoon,but it will soon be put away for the winter.Nothing worse than having a new bike,and having so little time to ride it before winter.Can't wait until spring.
Not clear by you're profile where in Canada you are, but certainly there are parts where year round riding is possible. Why put it away? Nice day + heated gear = Go for a ride!
stubblejumper

Nice day + heated gear = Go for a ride!

Except for the ice and snow that cover the roads for six months of the year.Or the fact that a high of 10 degrees below freezing is considered a nice day for several months each year.

I'd like to take your temps and average them with mine...mid 90s everyday. I'm ready for a "cold front". The ones we get in October can get all the way down to the low 80s for a high.

eek.gif

Not exactly cold, but you take what you can get. thumbsup.gif

Yeah mate. I'm really looking forward to getting rid of the liners and changing to summer gloves. YEEhaa. Bring it on!!

Cheers,

Well,

I must say that New England weather has been wonderful from April 20th to now. We are still having temps in the 80's. This weekend is looking perfect for riding again. In Jan of '07 we had a 70 degree Sunday, many bikes were out.

Weather did not affect any of my riding plans all year. If this global warming, bring it on! wink.gif

I don't want to seem insensitive, but right now I'm in Tucson and I have to agree with the whole "going south for the winter " idea. Today the temp was 100F, too hot for anything but hanging out by the pool.

Friday we go back home to... who knows what kind of weather.

Yesterday we apparently had our hottest spring day in 138 years of keeping weather records

35 C dropping down to a chilly 23 C when the southerly buster came through around 8:00 pm last night.

Ocean temp is 19 C and rising , Salmon are moving through with lots of little mako about 2 to 3 klms out on the current line

Our surf lifesaving patrol season started on Saturday at my beach .No drownings so far but had a serious spinal that required helicopter trip to Royal North Shore.

22 year old male swimming alone dived into surf outside patrolled area straight into a sandbank , off duty lifesaver saw him floating and performed correct spinal rescue.

I have a feeling it is going to be a very hard season.

Tell me about it. My RT is insured until the end of Oct but the way it's going here we'll have snow on the ground before then. frown.gif It was -2C (28F) riding into work this morning. Dressed up like I was going snowmobiling which will be happening soon. 3' in the mountains already clap.gif

T

Lets_Play_Two
Tell me about it. My RT is insured until the end of Oct but the way it's going here we'll have snow on the ground before then. frown.gif It was -2C (28F) riding into work this morning. Dressed up like I was going snowmobiling which will be happening soon. 3' in the mountains already clap.gif

T

Man I cant wait for the cold weather to get here. Riding in 70' temps is a whole lot more fun than 90' clap.gif

T

Man I cant wait for the cold weather to get here. Riding in 70' temps is a whole lot more fun than 90' clap.gif

10-4 to that. freakin weekends get worse lately with our little blobs churning everything up and keeping humidty so high. better than 'canes, but i'm soooo ready to feel the chill. smirk.gif

Man I cant wait for the cold weather to get here. Riding in 70' temps is a whole lot more fun than 90'

I'm with you man!

79F. In Uxbridge just north of Toronto! That's a little too warm for this time of year. 50-65 F is prefect for riding! Give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure we'll be there.

I do not know where Stubbljumper is but sounds like he is not to far from me in Saskatchewan. All this torment from you other guy's isn't very easy to take, winters here are cold and long, we had snow flakes wednesday morn. here. plates still valid and we always hope for one more ride.

Archived