IGNORED

New RT?

fisherman

I'm thinking about getting a new 1200RT. A dealer wants 17,000 for an 07 demo with 600 miles. The 600 mile service has been done and BMW will kick in a new Zumo. The bike does not have ESA. Is this a decent deal?

Depends on the options and the original MSRP. My 2007 RT (with 15 mi. on the odo when I bought it) has virtually every option except the radio (ESA, ASC, TPM, heated grips and seats, computer, etc). MSRP was $19555; I paid a hair over $18k. And the dealer sold me a 49L topcase at cost.

The MSRP listed on the BMW US web site for the base model is $16650. Depending upon the Zumo model, that's about a $500 goodie. So it sounds like about MSRP for a bike with some miles. If it were me I'd insist on a a little better discount.

Ask to split the cost of an extended warranty and go for it.
Huh??? confused.gif

I thot these Beemers NEVER break down... BTW, any word yet from the fatherland on a fix for the FD??? lmao.gif

Ask to split the cost of an extended warranty and go for it.
Huh??? confused.gif

I thot these Beemers NEVER break down... BTW, any word yet from the fatherland on a fix for the FD??? lmao.gif

Yep, the new Kaw GTR 1400 wink.gif

Yep, the new Kaw GTR 1400 wink.gif

And I thought the RT was ugly! Those fish gills. That weird black pipe. And for $14 grand who wants to look at those cheap $2 plastic reservoir bottles on the handlebars mile after mile? Otherwise, nice bike.

And for $14 grand who wants to look at those cheap $2 plastic reservoir bottles on the handlebars mile after mile?

Damn. I thought they were urine sample containers

Looks like I owe a major "my bad" to a local dealer for an unfortunate incident during last weekend's test ride.

Walker, I am looking to buy an '07 RT too and have a similar opportunity here in Charlotte; an '07 demo with the 600 mile service done for $17k. I am passing, waiting until the used bikes are more plentiful - KBB right now on the '07 is just under $16k. '07 MSRP is $16,640 plus $475 for shipping or $17,125. Options are on top of that. The MSRP on the Charlotte bike was in the $18,600 range so, for the demo, there was a $1,600 discount off MSRP. The thing that you must watch out for on the demo bikes is when the warranty goes into effect. As I understand it the warranty starts when the bike is put into service as a demonstrator, not when you purchased it. Gael

Don't buy an thumbsup.gif RT without the ESA. It's one of the best features on the bike. That and Cruise Control.

IMO the stock shocks (ESA or otherwise) are the worst feature of the bike. Don't buy an RT without immediately replacing them with Ohlins or Wilbers. thumbsup.gif

Archived