IGNORED

Got my Wilbers, now some questions

Willie

Got my Wilbers today, but no torque specs in the directions. What are they? Also, I got the rear with the hydralic remote adjust. It mounts different than the stock. I didn't really have time to mess with it yet, but does anyone have any suggestions or pics of how to mount it? I've already had the rear shock off for over a month now, but does anyone have any tips on removing/replacing the front? Didn't get to dive into that yet. I was afraid the bike would get unbalanced if I started taking off the fairings and tank with no shock and wheel on the back. Any suggestions and pics would be great. Thanks

I mounted Wilber's on my 05 RT 8 months ago. It is pretty straightforward. You will remove the fairing and slide the tank back to get to the top bolt that holds the shock in place. Loosen those remove the shock and then install the new one. For the rear shock you remove the wheel and then the shock (upper bolt and lower bolt to remove). You will mount the remote pre-load adjuster onto the frame near the shock depending on how long the line to the shock. On my 05 I mounted it on the left side of the bike behind the fairing. It is not hard just time consuming. Took me about 3 hours or so to do it. You can remove the front shock with the rear shock and rear wheel off the bike. Just use a strap to tie the front wheel to the center stand. Sorry I do not have pics to show you.

In the Haynes manual, I see torque values listed as follows:

Rear shock mounting bolts -- 50 Nm

Front shock

Upper mounting nut -- 47 Nm

Lower mounting bolt nut -- 50 Nm

I did this last fall and as I remember, the instructions for mounting the preload adjuster were easy to follow. I don't have any pictures, but can get you some if you still need them. If so, drop me a PM.

Enjoy your shocks! I sure do!

Thanks for the specs. It would seem that the mounting of the preload adjuster is pretty straight forward until you get it in there and the mount is not indexed the right way with the way the hose is connected. I got it hooked up now, but there is a bit more of a bend in the hose than I would like and I'm hoping once I get everything mounted and torqued that when the weight of the bike is fully on the ground that the hose doesn't rub the tire. I wish the hose was mounted to the adjuster via a swivel connector. That would make life alot easier. I even reversed the shock to see if I could mount it on the left side and ran into the same problem. I'll have to take a pic once my cam batteries are charged and see what you guys think. Thanks

I did mine last year. I have some pictures. PM me.

I would appreciate your posting the pictures for all of us to see. I'll be installing my Wilbers very soon. Thanks.

Here's how I have my remote attached. It was impossible to mount as the instructions would have it as you would have to twist the hose too much. Has the mount been on the opposite side, it would have been a piece of cake. Now that I look at it, the bend on the hose doesn't seem to be too bad.

519633.jpg

519634.jpg

I would appreciate your posting the pictures for all of us to see. I'll be installing my Wilbers very soon. Thanks.

I emailed you a picture of my preload adjuster. Sorry all, I stink at posting pictures.

I emailed you a picture of my preload adjuster. Sorry all, I stink at posting pictures.

Here they are...

520846.jpg

520847.jpg

520848.jpg

Archived