IGNORED

poll: R1150RT owners, do you ride with foglights/driving lights on?

co_g30

R1150RT Riders, do you ride with stock foglights/driving lights on?  

441 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Low beam and Moto-lites day and night in clear weather.

Low beam, Moto-lites and built-in fog lights in fog.

Low beam only and auxiliary yellow fog lights or just yellow fog lights (no moto-lights or built-in fog lights) in real dense zero-zero fog. (As happened here this week.)

High beam activates modulator in daytime. Used selectively when passing or in tight traffic.

Francois_Dumas

Foglites Nope, not ALLOWED here, except in dense fog.

Driving lites, of course, they are always on automatically (and I'd turn them on if they weren't, like on my car).

I did not mean to come across as exclusionary, just wanted to know how many riders with same stock lights as my RT used the fog lights all the time.

I recently had to replace a burned out bulb on the right side foglight and it brought to mind this poll, the thinking being that perhaps one is supposed to only use them in actual fog!

However, I feel safer shining as much light forward as possible, along with modulating the high beam in daytime. Thanks to all who answered the poll!

Used to, don't anymore. They seem to strobe or bounce and I've had drivers thinking I was blinking them to go. Not worth the risk of someone making a left in front of me. I ride with my high beam on all of the time now.

I went to a PIAA headlight instead of having them on all the time. Use them at night and in fog (obviously...), but not during the daytime at all. And get comments on how bright the PIAA is all the time from folks in front of me.

The foglights have a very wide angle -- nearly 180 degrees of coverage to the sides. Combining that with PIAA 1100x, which concentrate their light in a 35 degree cone, I think left-turners and parking-lot drivers are more likely to notice me.

Real fog lights should be mounted lower than the headlight, and operated with the headlight off, to reduce 180-degree light scattering by droplets coming back to the driver. The RT's fog lights aren't like that, so I don't think they really should be called fog lights. Maybe they should just be called wide-angle driving lights.

As for the high beam, there's little point in using it now that I have HID in the low beam. The high beam with the standard bulb is hardly detectable amidst the light from the HID low beam.

High beam too during daylight hours.

Great. Nothing like pissing off the car drivers! Don't do it here in Vancouver... we have a cop whose fixation is giving out tickets to people driving with high beams on.

Well, the stock ones never! But PIAA 1200's(bright yellow) and low beam day and night. High beam's and FF50's at night when no one's coming. grin.gif

High beam too during daylight hours.

Great. Nothing like pissing off the car drivers! Don't do it here in Vancouver... we have a cop whose fixation is giving out tickets to people driving with high beams on.

Can't control the cager's state of mind. I'll settle for him noticing me, p.o.'d or not.

If you are looking to be seen, in daylight hours there is nothing like a yellow headlight cover (see attachment). I sourced mine from CeeBaileys. They don't normally offer this cover in light yellow, you have to ask for it. The normally offered amber color is quite a bit darker than this and doesn't show up as well. No affiliation, I just want the other driver to see me. thumbsup.gif

I don't think it is a higher price than the standard shield, it just has to be ordered. I remove it for night riding.

Just a suggestion.....

933671-yellowlight.jpg.1d4b67b3a6ddb93258bde323427b4312.jpg

Archived