IGNORED

Baehr Communications Systems

GoldenK9

Is there anyone out there with experiences, good or bad, with Baehr Ultima XL systems, more specifically on a R1200RT? We're experiencing quite a bit of wind noise at highway speeds (60-75) and no matter what I do with the adjustments I just can't get it right. Overall I like the unit. At lower speeds it's just crystal clear communications, radar alerts and GPS voice commands.

This is hilarious! I just got off of the phone with Autocom with the same exact issue. 07 R1200RT with gps, xm, 2 way radio and phone - everything is crystal clear until 4000 rpms and then nothing but static. I have had mine installed at Browns - went back once and they moved some wires around but still is a problem. I will go back again and have them try it but I was actually thinking that maybe I should get a Baehr instead....too funny! lmao.gif

lopaca,

The problems I'm having with the Baehr is not static, just loud wind noise when the mic is opened, either by me or by my passenger. No static at all, at any speed.

That's sotta strange...........I don't have a problem with the wind noise...and even wear my helmet "open" almost all the time. My wife does that, and the wind noise activates the mic, which lowers the volume, and I can't hear the music anymore. But if she close her helmet, then everything is ok.

Pat

Is there anyone out there with experiences, good or bad, with Baehr Ultima XL systems, more specifically on a R1200RT?

Been using one on my '05 RT since new.. It's run through the BMW radio (which has the AUX enabled for XM) and it's clear for rider and passenger..

What windshield are you using? AS speed increases if you have the shield set where air is spilling around the helmet your going to get an increase in noise..

TinMan.

Archived