IGNORED

Bonkered Audio

yempaul

Guys

I get this a lot on my RT12. Quite often my CD player will just go dead and I can't get it restart immediately. I'd have to park by the side and turn off the ignition and on it again and then it'll come on. It gets frustrating all the time. Anything that I miss? Sometime I get a small symbol 'T' in a black box beside the Radio display. I really have no idea what it's all about. Bike is only 700km and is in running in stage. Any comments is appreciated.

Yem

That happened to me a couple of times. While I'm no mechanic, I suspect you really had the volume cranked up and it overloaded the circuit, which was then shut down by the applicable controller. By turning off the bike, and "re-booting" it, the radio/CD circuit is powered up again normally.

Is this being fed through an Autocom (or similar) to your helmet or through the dash speakers?

I get a similar thing with my Autocom where it cuts out. I haven't figured out if it's my music source (MP3 player) or the Autocom which is dropping out. Both are under the seat.

Had it happen on my '05.. Normaly the CD itself just stops playing (I can go back to the radio) but occasionaly it just kills the radio.. It's a "Feature" of the junk CD player I paid ~$1400 bucks for..

TinMan.

Happens to me when I'm using my earplugs, rolling interstate, and unwittingly max out the volume to the point that it overloads the circuit. Happens less often (almost never) since I started using noise-cancelling earphones and a satellite radio.

This has never happened to me. However, I rarely use the CD player...and have only really used it as a novelty...much like an 8-track player or cassette player....or a Victrola 78 rpm wind up player. Have you considered removing the CD unit and installing the storage box? This is on my list of things to do with my bike. Is it not more convenient to use MP3s? Perhaps or perhaps not. I have my iPod hooked up and it works well. Just a thought....oh, I disconnected the external speakers as I see them as useless and distracting while using earphones to listen.

Archived