IGNORED

BEST PRICE ON ODYSSEY PC680

RET2

Have you checked the eBay sellers? I got 2, with combined shipping, for a lot less than the noted price. That was last year, though.

Some have had excellent results with a Panasonic battery from an electronic supply house, for around ~$50. Check into that.

Have you checked the eBay sellers? I got 2, with combined shipping, for a lot less than the noted price. That was last year, though.

Some have had excellent results with a Panasonic battery from an electronic supply house, for around ~$50. Check into that.

I used one of these Panasonics in my R11S for a few years and I have one in my airhead - works fine, and as you say, about $50. Got it from Digi-Key There is not a chart on Digi-key for bikes; you have to order the battery by physical size.

BTW, the battery in my BMW car is now 7.5 years old - never a problem, never had a charger on it. It's a Varta, and no matter what it costs, when it fails I will buy another one.

I used one of these Panasonics in my R11S for a few years and I have one in my airhead - works fine, and as you say, about $50. Got it from Digi-Key There is not a chart on Digi-key for bikes; you have to order the battery by physical size.

BTW, the battery in my BMW car is now 7.5 years old - never a problem, never had a charger on it. It's a Varta, and no matter what it costs, when it fails I will buy another one.

That's good to know. Digikey is the company in Minnesota that sells these, ~$50ish, but I've just heard the price may have gone up due to increased lead costs.

I've had a few BMW batteries before I wised up and went with Oddyssey, and as far as I'm concerned, the BMW-branded battery is what NOT to buy--too heavy, poor longevity, too expensive. I've heard nothing but good about Panasonic, and wish I'd gone that route.

I think it's time to replace the battery on my r1200rt. Will the Odyssey PC680 fit the 1200rt? I thought there had been a discussion of this subject prior to this but could not find it with a search.

Dan Forker

I think it's time to replace the battery on my r1200rt. Will the Odyssey PC680 fit the 1200rt? I thought there had been a discussion of this subject prior to this but could not find it with a search.

Dan Forker

Dan,

It may not work on your 1200RT. Check out this list ...or it could be that the list just neeeds updating. The dimensions of the battery are listed at the top of the page. You may want to compare them with your current battery.

I had seen that applications list and that was why I made the inquiry. I thought I had seen earlier posts that the PC680 would fit the 1200rt but could not find the post. I think it's time to replace my rt's battery but unsure what model to order. I thought surely someone here had figured it out.

Dan Forker

Archived