IGNORED

RAM Mount help

Jerry_75_Guy

I know this is a stretch, but what the heck.

Does anyone in Indy have, or have ideas on how to quickly fabricate a RAM mount ball with a short (~1/2 inch) stem ending in a flattened piece with a 9mm hole? The proper RAM part# is B272U.

I know how to make one using the combination of a short metal rod, and some epoxy and fiberglass cloth, but I don't think it would have time to cure properly before my departure tomorrow morning fo El Paseo.

I was wondering If maybe (beyond having an extra of this mount) someone might have some suggestions on 'stock' raw materials I could use to cobble this thing together, and where they might be found?

Or for that matter, does anyone have this RAM ball mount who'd be willing to let me borrow it till I get back on Sun.? I'm trying to hook up my Garmin 276c to the VFR for the trip, in particular so I can navigate the day rides.

I know this is a stretch, but what the heck.

Does anyone in Indy have, or have ideas on how to quickly fabricate a RAM mount ball with a short (~1/2 inch) stem ending in a flattened piece with a 9mm hole? The proper RAM part# is B272U.

I know how to make one using the combination of a short metal rod, and some epoxy and fiberglass cloth, but I don't think it would have time to cure properly before my departure tomorrow morning fo El Paseo.

I was wondering If maybe (beyond having an extra of this mount) someone might have some suggestions on 'stock' raw materials I could use to cobble this thing together, and where they might be found?

Or for that matter, does anyone have this RAM ball mount who'd be willing to let me borrow it till I get back on Sun.? I'm trying to hook up my Garmin 276c to the VFR for the trip, in particular so I can navigate the day rides.

Steven, look in your local yellow pages under GPS.. There are some local GPS (store front) dealers in my area that carry some of the ball mounts & possibly a 1” ball with a stud..

Maybe even the local Harley dealer as they used the RAM ball mount on some of their accessories like cup holders ..

Twisty

Thanks Bill, they were good ideas, but, sadly, none of the Harley or GPS folks could help frown.gif

I've even tried asking for spherical drawer knobs, but no joy there either.

Now if I could just find a ~1 inch wooden ball, I could bore it out. You wouldn't think it would be this hard to find such a thing......

Archived