IGNORED

What's My RT Worth?

HappyMan

With mixed emotions, I've pretty well decided to sell my beloved RT and pick up a KTM 990 Adventure. I'm too much of a dirt freak but still love to take long trips. I'll be taking it to Alaska in the future with my son riding his own. I've got my DR6fiddy and would like something between the DR and the RT. The GS is tempting but too much of a street machine for me.

I doubt I'll ever love a bike as much as this but I'm not one to stick with one bike anyway. No room to keep it either. My brother in law is interested in it and I've no fear in selling it to him since it's been well maintained and trouble free but I'd like to give him a fair price.

So I'd like some advice on what people think it's really worth. I probably won't sell until spring but wanted to start to think about it. Here are the details:

96 R1100 RT

28000 great miles

Bike is in Excellent condition and constantly maintained.

New Tires

Sargent Seat

Euro Cut Cee Baileys

Back Box

That's about what I was thinking based on what I've seen. I was just looking for some confirmation on it. The best part about selling it to him is that I can still work on it. I love working on my bikes!

Any other input from anyone else? I'm hearing crickets...... tongue.gif

Well the latest NADA figure puts the value at $4,675. Remember that the bike is almost 12 model years old. As more people switch to the R1200/K1200 series bike prices are softening on the older models. The longer you keep it the less it will be worth which is a no brainer. To get a true market value check as many websites as possible to see what is the asking price for this model bike. (ie. www.ibmwr.org, craigslist.com, cycletrader.com, local newspapers, etc.)

The best part about selling it to him is that I can still work on it. I love working on my bikes!
Um, you can buy my bike and then sell it right back to me if that's part of the deal... Better yet, there's a group up in Canada that'd put you in heaven if that's what you love. tongue.gif

$5-5.5k sounds about right to me.

The best part about selling it to him is that I can still work on it. I love working on my bikes!
Um, you can buy my bike and then sell it right back to me if that's part of the deal... Better yet, there's a group up in Canada that'd put you in heaven if that's what you love. tongue.gif

$5-5.5k sounds about right to me.

lmao.giflmao.gif O.K. perhaps I should qualify that one. I love working on my RT because it's like a baby to me. I will miss it. However, it's now sitting in the garage and not getting used. I would rather see it be used than stare at it in the garage. That to me is an insult to a beautiful machine. thumbsup.gif

The longer you keep it the less it will be worth

Not really. As long as it's maintained, it won't go to zero. If you look at airheads, you'll see that there's a floor around $3-4k. I expect we'll see the same for oilheads like this.

John, I'd say about $5k.

Archived