IGNORED

garmin mount

richrob

was using a touratech for my sp-3. good mount, but blocks instruments on my 1150rt. Now have a 2720 and was thinking of a mount on the left side. anyone have a suggestion, and or, experience with a ball mounted bracket. appreciate any input. thanks, Richie

Do a search on "Post Your GPS Mounting Pictures Here". There's a great thread on a lot of different options. If you are thinking you want it on the left side, I would do a RAM mount on either the clutch resev, or use the mount that utilzes the alternate mirror mounting hole on the left grip/switchgear.

Then there is this option...made it for myself when I got fed up looking for a 'non-invasive' clean, centered installation for my Garmin 376c. I have 3 left of the few I made for friends on the board...62.00 includes shipping, 1" Ram ball mount and solid billet aluminum base.

Its a 'press fit', no holes to drill or screws to screw smile.gif Plus you can see it over the BMW tankbag, and it doesn't block the guages thumbsup.gif

Click to enlarge...

r12rtworkingpics016ew7.th.jpg

garminmountonrt010sl0.th.jpg

resizedmount001nj8.th.jpg

r12rtworkingpics002bi0.th.jpg

Jim

Its perfect for the Garmin Zumo 550. In fact I have seen my little mount used more often for the Zumo than any other GPS.

I just don't have a picture of one...maybe one of the members who bought my mount will put one up?

Jim W.

Not sure if you use a tankbag, but I bought a $3 piece of plexiglass from the Home Cheapo and put it in the rain cover pouch in front of my tank bag. I then used the windshield mount that came with my GPS unit and it works fantastic.

This is not a great pic of the GPS, but is the only one I have where it is visible. It's totally out of the way of all gauges, although it is goofy turning the bike on and off when the GPS unit is mounted.

201937511-M.jpg

Then there is this option...made it for myself when I got fed up looking for a 'non-invasive' clean, centered installation for my Garmin 376c. I have 3 left of the few I made for friends on the board...62.00 includes shipping, 1" Ram ball mount and solid billet aluminum base.

Its a 'press fit', no holes to drill or screws to screw smile.gif Plus you can see it over the BMW tankbag, and it doesn't block the guages thumbsup.gif

Jim

I can speak for this mount personally...I saw it mentioned in a post, contacted Jim (jakfrost) and have been using mine for almost a month now....it's great! I have both the short and med RAM post, but use the short one most of the time. I go back and forth between the BMW tank bag for the 12RT (which is big and tall) and the Touratech Flat Tank Bag for the 12RT (which is shorter)...the mount works very well with both bags. Well made. Puts the mounted item up front and center, but not blocking the view of anything else....I recommend!

Jim

+1 thumbsup.gif

Have had one of these for over six months. Absolutely no complaints; does the job very well (I use the "short" arm in conjunction with a BMW Tank Bag) & easy to install.

Archived