IGNORED

BMW in World Superbike 2008

bmwterry

Hopefully, BMW will be more successful than Harley-Davidson's ill-fated attempt to be competitive in AMA Superbike years ago.

It's always nice to see a new player in racing.

WSB, eh? That means it has to be production-based, so we can be expecting a new 1000cc BMW very soon now! Very Interesting...

I like the sound of that!

What advantages does BMW bring to this series? Aren't they going to get clobbered by the Japanese brands? This isn't the series Ducati competes in, is it?

Yes, they compete and are defending champs with Troy Bayliss as the pilot of the 999. It looks as though Honda will win this year, but the rules for next year are changed to allow the 1098 Duc.

What advantages does BMW bring to this series? Aren't they going to get clobbered by the Japanese brands? This isn't the series Ducati competes in, is it?

Who cares? I'm glad just to see BMW racing again.

I should imagine that BMW are more concerned about what advantage this brings to them.

I should think that the more competitive manufactures the better the series should become.

I should imagine that BMW are more concerned about what advantage this brings to them.

I should think that the more competitive manufactures the better the series should become.

Ditto.

WSB, eh? That means it has to be production-based, so we can be expecting a new 1000cc BMW very soon now! Very Interesting...

BMWRA OTL says it'll be a chain-drive K1000RS.

Should think?

Should imagine?

What are you talking about?

I just stated an opinion, not trying to figure out what motivation BMW has.

Archived