IGNORED

Back in Black Make Over

tophog

Wheels and header are black satin. Wheels are powdercoated, header is ceramic coated. What's cool is it was relatively cheap to do. Minus the new Bridgestone 021's which I needed anyways, I have about $275 into everything. That includes new wheel bearings as the bearings/seals must come out of the front wheel for powdercoating due to the high temps. I mounted/balanced the tires myself so no cost there.

I just realized if you click on the magifying glass icon at the bottom of each picture you can view them in full size. They look a little fuzzy shrunk down by webshots.

Here's a good "before" pict to compare.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2159546550015906011zRKBGR

That is probably the most "athletic" RT I've ever seen. Or maybe "toughest". I don't know how to describe it better than that (it's a complement FWIW). With a Rich's seat no less... Nice.

OK, how about this: It's subtle enough to be stock to the untrained eye, but if you look at it closely enough, you realize the differences, and they all look good.

thumbsup.gif

Thanks. That's a good description of the change in looks (athletic). Love the Rich's seat! If you notice my pillion seat is missing because Rich's just shipped it back to me today.

I was one of those happy to see black wheels replaced by silver on 2004 FJRs (see sig), however I admit I do like the contrasting look on your RT, especially in combo with Titan Silver and dark lowers color scheme! I also must complement your garage and flooring - a fitting place to park your toyz!

Jeff

That is probably the most "athletic" RT I've ever seen. Or maybe "toughest". I don't know how to describe it better than that (it's a complement FWIW). With a Rich's seat no less... Nice.

OK, how about this: It's subtle enough to be stock to the untrained eye, but if you look at it closely enough, you realize the differences, and they all look good.

thumbsup.gif

Athletic is a great word for the change!

Nice work. Me likey like Mikey!

that looks great-I just sent my pipes to performance coatings and asked for the silver satin coating to match my heads on my '04RT. Your pictures have me thinking about black instead. Anybody have opinions on black pipes on my grey '04 RT?

Archived