IGNORED

Intermittent low beam light

Paul Mihalka

The low beam on my R1200GS goes on and off without any reason. It started riding around the UN. I see the light bulb warning in the instruments, I stop with engine running, low beam is out. I switch off and restart, and I have light again. While riding it comes and goes. I replaced the bulb. No change. I wiggled the wires around the bulb with engine running and light on, and no action. Any suggestions?

Hi Paul:

I worked on a R1200RT that had an intermittent high beam with symptoms the same as your low beam. Turned out to be an intermittent ZFE module. We checked the current with GT-1 and checked the socket and all wiring, after all that the new ZFE cured the problem

Good Luck!

If I'm not mistaken looking through realoem, the ZFE's are MSRP of $470 if you don't have ESA. I think this is it. (#2 part number 61357705578 or 61357705579). The last one is the same one that is listed for my ST.

I'm pretty sure that's it, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

The ZFE is the central controller for the electrical items on the bike.

If I'm not mistaken looking through realoem, the ZFE's are MSRP of $470 if you don't have ESA. I think this is it. (#2 part number 61357705578 or 61357705579). The last one is the same one that is listed for my ST.

I'm pretty sure that's it, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

The ZFE is the central controller for the electrical items on the bike.

Yes, but unfortunately it's not that simple. The ZFE software has to be loaded too. ZFE replacement is not a DIY.

Archived