IGNORED

Mundane question

Col

This is aimed more at UK readers. Where do you fix your tax disk holder? Mine has been on the front fork, on the screw that fixes the plastic guard (fender) to the fork leg. I would like to find an alternative but just can't see an easy place to fix it to. Any ideas welcome!

Col

This is aimed more at UK readers. Where do you fix your tax disk holder? Mine has been on the front fork, on the screw that fixes the plastic guard (fender) to the fork leg. I would like to find an alternative but just can't see an easy place to fix it to. Any ideas welcome!

Col

Yep, mines in the same place as yours, seems ok there, why would do you want to move it?

Steve

Steve

Yep, mines in the same place as yours, seems ok there, why would do you want to move it?

Hello Steve. Dunno really, it looks a bit odd there and with the fiasco I just had with the screw snapping off in the fork I guess I wanted to find somewhere else. But having looked around I can't see anywhere it would fit.

Col

Mine is i its original place.on the front fork. Had it on the 1150rt and had all sorts of problems after/ during winter. I saw someone with theirs fastened around one of the footrest. can't remember which footrest now but it was an 1150rt not a 1200. I would like mine out of the line of fire but I'll let you be the guinea pig. please advise soonest grin.giflurker.gif

I had the same problem as you with the corroded thread, only on the side with the tax disc, and concluded that the tax disc holder was letting water in / causing some sort of galvanic action.

I have fixed mine using the front cylinder protector screw on the left hand pot, it faces forward and collects a few bugs, but it looks ok. If memory serves it is an M6 screw and can be tightened a bit more to provide a water tight seal. I have also used anti seize on the threads.

Archived