IGNORED

BMW emblem removal

motoleo

How can I remove the BMW emblem (roundels) on the left and right side Tupperware panels on my 99 RT without destroying the emblems?

Are they glued on or stuck on with double sided foam tape? If so I was thinking of using the same trick I used to remove the emblems on the side cases- 3M adhesive remover and dental floss. Works like a charm.

...I was thinking of using the same trick I used to remove the emblems on the side cases- 3M adhesive remover and dental floss. Works like a charm.

Didn't you answer your own question? grin.gif

They are glued on, I messed mine up when I took them off, I wasn't gentle enough.

This is where I mounted my driving lights, I drilled a hole, and used custom 3 inch washers front and back, painted black like my bike.

I will have to buy new roundels if I remove the lights.

They are glued on, I messed mine up when I took them off, I wasn't gentle enough.

This is where I mounted my driving lights, I drilled a hole, and used custom 3 inch washers front and back, painted black like my bike.

What kind of glue was used? Was it foam tape?

I want to remove the emblems so I can mount PIAA 1100X lamps in the emblem indentation area. I saw another RT with the lights mounted there and it looks good and the lights work well in that position.

along this same line...

how would i go about removing the two decals on top of the fuel tank.

you know the one that says "ya-ta ya-ta ya-ta risk of fire"

What kind of glue was used? Was it foam tape?

It is not glue. It is adhesive transfer tape similar to 3M#467 or #468. Even heat and constant, moderate pressure will usually work.

In regards to the stickers on top of the tank:

Is warming in direct sunlight adequate?

I just came looking for a "sticker removal" answer, and a search revealed this thread.

justplainray: Have you tried yet? Mine are chipping at the corners, and at this point (perhaps any point) I think it will look better without them...

Thanks

Heat and mineral spirits work well. I'm speaking of hair dryer on low kind of heat levels here. Not a heat gun.

we use a rubber eraser wheel in body shop to take off transfers and decals,stripes and the like it only takes seconds and does not harm paint, stop at an auto body if you haven't removed decals as yet.

Just to add to my last post the rubber wheel is for dacal removal not the emblems, for that fishing line will saw the foam tape, I have not used dental floss as previously mentiont but is the same idea.

along this same line...

you know the one that says "ya-ta ya-ta ya-ta risk of fire"

Ray, those top stickers are a real pain to remove.. Heat usually works but because those stickers are on painted plastic you really can’t use much heat without problems with the underlament..

I had one heck of a time removing mine as I was very careful & used very low heat from a small pinpoint heat gun (the Sun isn’t hot enough).. Even then it took lots of WD-40 & lots of picking with my fingernails to get those to peal off without any paint damage.. WD-40 is a great sticker glue softener & remover but those stickers are on so tight to the paint that nothing seems to get under the edge of them unless prodded with a finger nail..

If you decide to use heat (probably will need to unless you want to pick at it for a few hours) by VERY CAREFUL as heat can easily warp that top panel..

Twisty

Another hijack,

1/.Have you pictures of your lighting set up.

2/.Can you actually see these lights at night when they are turned on, and if so doesn't this cause a big distraction?

3/.Do you not find the lights vibrate in this position or is the tupperware rigid enough?

4/.It seems like a good place to stick extra lights.

5/. What sort of lights are they?

Cheers

Andy

Archived